Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
campground/RV park in San Diego

Does anyone know a good campground in San Diego? I am scheduled to do a rotation at the Naval hospital downtown in Balboa Park from June 4 - June 29th. Anything would be considered. The stuff I am finding on the internet is a little pricey.
Thanks for all the help...
tara

txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
We found the same thing. We are going to stay at the KOA in Chula Vista in June for three nights but found the price high as well. Not much difference at most of the parks.
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Passport America has 2 listings for San Diego - Campland on the Bay and Santa Fe Park - still pricey at 50% off, but not bad for CA - range - $20 to $30 per night -

S
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 AM   #4
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
If you are working for/with the Navy and have DOD sponsorship, you might be able to use Fiddler's Cove or Admiral Baker, both military CG's. Call them and explain your situation/affiliation ans see what they say!

Admiral Baker...619-556-5525 Fiddler's Cove....619-522-8680. You can look them up on the Internet via Google, or go to the website I posted recently in the Military CG stuff in the Forum Section just below this one.

Fiddler's Cove is much more convenient to Chula Vista, but is really in need of modernization and improvement. No sewer dump at the individual sites..water and elect only. They do have a couple of portable units available so you don't have to move your rig every time you need to dump tanks, but that is a BIG hassle if you are there for over a week.

Admiral Baker is much nicer, but way up[ north of Chula Vista. You might consider taking a couple of days at a commercial facility and checking both of them out for longer term usage, if they say you are eligible to use them.

Good luck,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Check out the monthly rates at San Diego RV resort in LaMesa. Last year we stayed for 4 months for 450 per month.
There are several out on I-8, not as nice as the others but they sure area a lot cheaper. Santa Fe rv park on I-5 in diego, may be another alternative for a month rate then if you really want to get cheap, try Coastal Villa rv park on Morena blvd in diego, be sure and tell them what size and how many slides,. down the street is Morena blvd rv park, they can handle your size and last year was 400 per month. You get the great weather, but no amenities, like pool, rec room etc.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
txkrumm,
We stayed at the Chula Vista RV Park and Resort. It is a very nice park and is run by the City of Chula Vista. It is, however, very pricey. I'm not familiar with exactly where you'll be working so don't know if it would be convenient for you or not. We would stay there again but not for very long because of the cost.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We stayed a month at Bernardo Shores in Imperial Beach. We liked the privacy of high shrubbery on three sides; we liked having our own mailbox at the site that the P.O. delivered to and picked up from; and we liked having the propane guy come fill our tank at our site. He even took the tank out of the rig and put it back when done. When we weren't even there. (We signed up for propane at the office.)

It's been almost four years since we were there so I cannot attest to price. It was "reasonable" for the area, at that time.

I just did a google search and here's some info:

http://www.woodalls.com/a/01149_bernardoshores.html

http://www.discoverourtown.com/CA/local-142834.html
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote