Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #1
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Help me plan the demise and destruction

of our STUPID remote control for the thermostat...we've been planning on putting a normal thermostat since our first campout but never got around to it...well after camping for 2 1/2 weeks...that STUPID remote control is getting replaced

However I want this remote to SUFFER a painful and cruel death and so I'm looking to you guys to give me some great ideas on how to send this remote to it's grave in the most evil of ways

Austin (my kid) suggested tying it to a bottle rocket and lighting the fuse...and I'm thinking that idea has potential...but I'm sure ya'll can help me come up with some evilier and crueler ways to give this remote what it deserves

Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Oh dear

OK, first thought

TICKLE IT TO DEATH!!! Get a feather and tickle it's tummy

OH, man, it has been a long day Summer, I have lost it now!

FUNNY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
The Tickle Torture...

Oh I like the way your thinking

Safe, Clean, Effective, and Cheap

I think this is a good start for what this remote deserves

Bring it to the point of near death and then revive it as it begs for death

okay we have step 1 before the big bottle rocket send off back to it's Maker in the Sky (or Indiana which ever is closer )
Old 07-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I say tie it to the rear of the truck and drag it to death. Where ever it dies that's it...Its dead!!!!LOL.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Try ignoring it. I think that is the best punishment of all. Like a naughty child, it craves your attention.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #6
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Dip it in the black tank, then drag it.

steve
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Al B
Established Member

M.O.C. #3654
Food for thought-What are you planning on using to replace it? Not sure you can replace it with a "normal thermostat". Put off the punishment until you are really sure!! Then go for it! All of the above!!!
Al B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We put ours in a drawer in the kitchen. It is dark and lonely in there with sharp knives for company. I use it once in awhile to check the temperature in the room. Even that is not always right. (I don't know what happened to the second one - I think it is still in the garage and it is 105 here so it is hot - poor thing)
Happy trails.................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Now we're working to the ultimate plan

The STUPID remote will be 'tickled' to the point of begging for death

But it will be ignored like an overspoiled child while begging for mercy

It will then soak in the black tank till almost drowning...

Then it will be dragged by a Ram Tough Dodge Truck until it's extremities (aka 'buttons') have been ripped off...

After that back to dungeon of Knives in the big black drawer....where it will swelter in the heat after the slides are in...reflecting on what it has done to us Montana owners

This is getting pretty good but believe you me this 'remote' is deserving some more pay back time...

I want it to be as miserable as it has made me
Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Al B

Food for thought-What are you planning on using to replace it? Not sure you can replace it with a "normal thermostat". Put off the punishment until you are really sure!! Then go for it! All of the above!!!
GULP

I'm pretty sure that I had I read where lots of folks....were easily replacing the worthless remotes with 'real' thermostats.....and I hope that is still the case

otherwise I've got some 'splaining to do to that remote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #11
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
As a millwright, my favorite tool is my 4 pound hammer. Put on safety glasses and put that remote on the driveway. Wind up and let the four pounder do it's thing. If you can swing a hammer good, you won't find a piece of plastic larger than a dime. You gotta love it!
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #12
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Not any thermostat will work, yo will have to get the Dometic Comfort Control Center replacement for it to work. The is very long post started by me, since I was one of the first to have this issue, it tells you exact part numbers and how to do it your self. Took less than hour to change out very simple. once you print it out contact Dometic, tell them you want it sent to your house too far from dealer and you will install it.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:44 AM   #13
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire. You can't just replace that remote with any thermostat. So far as I know, the only replacement is the Dometic Comfort Control Center. You usually heve to get your dealer to convince Dometic that the remote is disfunctional, and after some wriggling, they will send your dealer a Comfort Contrlol Center. The CCC involves replacing both the wall unit and the control board in the air conditioner.

Wait until you have a functioning CCC before proceding with the destruction of the remote and you can add the circuit board to the party, although Dometic may want them both back.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:00 AM   #14
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gamersredneckwife

Now we're working to the ultimate plan

The STUPID remote will be 'tickled' to the point of begging for death

But it will be ignored like an overspoiled child while begging for mercy

It will then soak in the black tank till almost drowning...

Then it will be dragged by a Ram Tough Dodge Truck until it's extremities (aka 'buttons') have been ripped off...

After that back to dungeon of Knives in the big black drawer....where it will swelter in the heat after the slides are in...reflecting on what it has done to us Montana owners

This is getting pretty good but believe you me this 'remote' is deserving some more pay back time...

I want it to be as miserable as it has made me

I don't think I would want to have that dirty remote in my knife drawer after being soaked in the black tank.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #15
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Man, you people are sooo ruthless. 12 ga shotgun with 00 buckshot should do the trick. Just put it on the remote holder on the wall - say a few words then put a couple of shells through it.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #16
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Target practice or use it to practice your golf swing. You will finally get some use from it.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
If you are going to be at the fall rally bring it along. I can run over it with Big Red for you. I guarantee a painful death. Then maybe burn at the stake whatever is left.

Merv
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #18
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
You all should be ashamed of yourself, what did that remote ever do to you guys. I think for all the bad thoughts you’ve that the remote should be taken for a vacation at the beach somewhere, and buried up to the on/off button at low tide and let it watch the tide come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Maybe if you stripped it's coverings off, Right down to it's circuit board, and then started removing it's resistors one by one, til it screamed for mercy? Death by a thousands disconnects!!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wrenchtraveller is my kind of guy execpt we have a 5 pound hammer.It will feel better if you scream...TAKE THAT.... AND THIS ...FOOL WITH ME WILL YOU..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote