Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Fulltiming and Christmas Decorations????

My next big project is sorting Christmas decorations. What do fulltimers do for Christmas decorations and do you carry this stuff with you all the time? My huge angel collection will go in storage as it is a family tradition and is over 40 years in the making but I'm not sure about anything else. Thanks for imput and suggestions.
Happy trails........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I do have a very small collection of outside figures and a small 32" fibre optic tree for inside. It's not a total Bah Humbug but having 1/3 the family (Lorraine's) in Florida and 2/3rds in Penna. we just don't have the FULL Christmas spirit. Possibly our only disadvantage to full timing.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
I have to agree with Glenn ... next to not being able to see the grandgirls often enough, I really, REALLY miss not being able to decorate like I used to. We have a small fibre optic tree as well and a few odds and ends of indoor and outdoor decorations that we put up. We are fortunate in that we can store our decorations in our son's basement and not have to worry about finding room for them in the Montana.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We got rid of everything and will buy a little of what we like and then get rid of it each year. Sure won't be anything like the three trees we used to decorate at home and I will really miss my Dickens Village this year.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I also got rid of everything and so far have not bought anything for the RV, Don't know if I will or not.I might get some christmas lights to put on the awning.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We have stored ours at our son's also. We did go through them and pulled out the small ornaments that can go on a small tree..yet to be purchased. They went in a small plastic storage box that doesn't weigh much. That way we have a little of what we have collected over the years. This will be our first year also to do small scale things. Sue I also have an angel collection started when my oldest (42 yrs) was born. It will be strange not to have it out this year.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I have a small (30 inches or so) artificial half tree that may fit in the Montana if and when we travel at Christmas. The back half is "missing" so it will hang flat on the wall. I have little ornaments and lights that I can put on it. Usually it hangs in our foyer. You might be on the lookout for something small like this half tree. It could even hang outside with the right lights and decorations.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Judy
I have one of those half trees also. We used it in our previous fifth wheel but I can't find any place in the 3400 to hang it. I might try the valance over the table. I have a little (2 ft) tree with very small decorations that I used to put up in my office at work. I think I will save it for Monty. I'm like all of you, I can't imagine not decorating for Christmas. I have so much stuff and so many memories Maybe this will be one time when CSR will be a good thing!
Happy trails.........................
Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We carry a couple strings of lights and a couple of those greener things that you string across objects. I don't know what you call them. For us, Christmas doesn't mean decorations and such. We just celebrate it as the birth of Jesus Christ. Usually we spend the day with Marge's brother and his brood in southern California.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, I wasn't in the trailer when I was thinking about my half tree and now I see that the space is limited. I may hang it on the closet door right inside the door from the outside. It's the louvered door in our model. I found that if I put an S hook through the louvers, I have a hook on which to hang a wreath or plaque. I bet I could do the same with a small half tree. An electrical cord could even fit over the top to our W/D connection inside. Now you've got me thinking.

Most Christmas decorations are used because they symbolize some part of the story of the Christ child or His character.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Judy, now you got me thinking. We have the same louvered doors at the washer dryer cabinet. We are only using one plug because we have the combo. We pluged in a long corded electric strip that goes down to the basement for Ed to use his tools and charge his drill, etc. We can unplug that and plug in lights for the tree. I was raised in a very devout family and Christmas was such an important holiday (we had a birthday cake for Christ) that I can't just give it up. My Daddy loved Christmas and after the grandchildren and then great-grandchildren came, he loved it even more. We have a dove for each of our passed loved ones on our tree. I will keep thinking about those doors. They could hold more than a tree!
Happy trails.........................
Old 10-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, I have a little fall wreath/plaque hanging there now and the door still opens easily with the wreath hanging just a little off of center. I'm always a little off anyway....
Old 11-01-2005, 02:57 AM   #13
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
We just do a small tree (2 feet tall) for the dinner table, since we never use the table for eating, that works for us. We try to spend the holidays close to family, that's the important part for us. The tree sat in the basement until we stored it with family. I love seeing what others do in the parks though, some folks really go overboard!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:43 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Kim
I agree with what some in the parks do which is partly why I asked this question. I wonder where they all store all that stuff or do they buy it new every year. In one park we were in for a little over a year, one guy decorated lavishly for every holiday. I think he had a storage shed though.
Happy trails.......................