Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're in....the USA!

We crossed the border this morning and it was our only search. The search wasn't very involved but we did have to throw away a new package of bratwurst and an opened package of luncheon meat because they were beef. They asked us about beef and citrus. All the RVs were being inspected but it was a takedown type inspection. Only lasted about ten minutes and the customs agent was very nice. We could have even brought back some apples since they were in season. Drat, we didn't know that so we missed out on buying apples for 49 cents a pound, fresh off the tree. I had made applesauce out of the few that we bought. Yummy!

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Welcome Home. WE look forward to seeing you in Nevada and hear all about what we didn't read.
We have enjoyed your posts and pictures so much. We are really Psyched up for our trip next summer.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Judy,
Welcome home! It's always great to get home isn't it!

Judy we will have a projection device at the Reno Rally and I was wondering if you'd be interested in putting together a slide show? Just a thought. We can talk about it when you get here and see the layout.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, you should be psyched up about your trip next year. You'll be even more excited after we talk. We had a wonderful trip, full of adventure (more than we wanted at times), and brought home a lot of memories.

Dennis, I will have a CD or DVD of our pictures ready by the time of the rally. Is that what you're talking about? I'm showing my age....a slide show used to mean other things, i.e. cardboard holders, etc. I trust you mean a computer show, eh?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Judy,
Yes a computer slide show that would be shown thru a computer projection system onto a screen.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We can do that.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Welcome back to the lower 48! I have to say that I absolutely love the new pic in your signature!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Home Judy,
I'm very impress with your journey and looking forward to the day Margaret and I make ours.
Wendell
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Welcome Back...
We really enjoyed your blogspot during the trip.
Thanks
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're so glad that our pictures have brought some enjoyment to so many people.

Wordsmith, that new picture is our Montana in front of Bear Glacier, north of Stewart, B.C. Glad you like it. There were minature icebergs floating in the pond in front of it and when we drove out the next day, more of them had broken off. It was neat to see. Calving on a small scale.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Judy, that picture is a definite keeper! There are some very good pictures in the signatures of MOC members, but that is one of the best!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome back, Judy and Glen! Tell us about your trip back through the Pacific Northwest. I'll check your blog if I ever get caught up on MOC!

We're at the rally park now, next to Dennis and Mary Kay (HamRad). Come on in!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #13
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Judy,
Enjoyed your picture of Montana and Bear Glacier. We saw it in June on our way up. By the time we hit Glacier NP on the way home in Aug. their glaciers looked kinda puny?! Been home a week and wondering why?!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I thought Glacier NP's glaciers rather small, too, but I read somewhere they're shrinking every year and before too long they'll be gone.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:15 PM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Global warming is causing the glaciers to shrink just about everywhere. We visited the Exit Glacier north of Seward and along the path they had carefully marked the recession of the glacier. It was rather sad to see because it had receded so much.

Steve, I see you've arrived in Minden. Is your wireless connection working? We'll be there soon! Today we stopped at Mount St. Helens and were very impressed with what we saw. The weather was perfect so we got great pictures and movies of the huge mountain. The information centers were very impressive. We watched the movie and decided that it wasn't necessary to have all that action in
3-D. It was a little too realistic.

We are now at Fort Lewis Army Station parked by a beautiful little lake. Greta has already been wading. It's a very nice military campground. We'll probably leave on Friday and camp at Astoria for a few days. Looking forward to the rally!