Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
rustynail
Established Member

M.O.C. #18931
drum brake replacement

Sorry to bother on this issue again. I know it has been brought up alot, but my memory is short. Have brakes needing replacement and heard of a kit where you take off old assembly and put new on. Don't have to mess with bunch of parts. Where do I get it and what is it called. Would love to put on disk, but not in budget.
Thanks

rustynail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #2
rustynail
Established Member

M.O.C. #18931
noisy fresh water pump

Since we bought our rig new in 2016 we have only used fresh water pump 3 times. It is always noisy. I have no idea where it is located or how to quiet it down. Ask Keystone where it is located and they have no idea. Any help?
Thanks
Old 03-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #3
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
Dexter make a complete back plate assembly with forward self adjusting brakes.
Most water pumps are located behind the convenience panel.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #4
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynail View Post
Sorry to bother on this issue again. I know it has been brought up alot, but my memory is short. Have brakes needing replacement and heard of a kit where you take off old assembly and put new on. Don't have to mess with bunch of parts. Where do I get it and what is it called. Would love to put on disk, but not in budget.
Thanks
etrailer has what you need.
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 AM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Look behind the water supply panel for your water pump. If your supply panel is adjacent to a pass thru storage it is simply a matter of removing wall panel on the side of supply panel. Very easy access
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Just throwing a few things out about both of your questions. Granted, the brake backing plate assys are easy to replace ... brake drum off ... 5 bolts ... 2 wires ... you may need to have the drums turned just like on your car if they are grooved severely. The surface where the magnets rub may be severely grooved as well and not all brake shops can turn this surface. That's going to be your call when you pull the brake drums. You will have to do the initial adjustment when it's all back together. The assys are right and left hand specific and are labeled as such do not mix them up.

If you just want to quiet down your water pump ... replace any solid plastic lines going and coming from the pump for a few feet with braided lines ... insulate any plastic lines that are in contact with cabinetry or frame with the split foam insulation found at Lowes / Home Depot like for hot water heaters. Put some thick rubber pad under the mounting feet and gently screw it back to the flooring.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
rustynail
Established Member

M.O.C. #18931
Thanks. That is very helpful