Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Flojet and Pressure Pro Questions

I have recently purchased a Flojet macerator and have a Pressure Pro System on the way. For those of you experienced MOC'ers that have used either I have a few questions.
Flojet:
1. What is the longest distance you have had to "run" your discharge hose in any campground? I am thinking I need two lengths of hose-one for dumping at the stick house cleanout (43 ft. for me), and then a shorter length for campgrounds.
2. The manufacturer recommends a 1 inch discharge hose if you are using more than 25 ft. of hose. Anyone found a reasonable source for 1 inch hose? Could a 1&1/2 inch swimming pool discharge hose be necked down and used?
3. Some of the campgrounds we intend to stay in require a "sealed" system for the sewer line, so I fabricated two clean out lids to accomodate a garden hose connection, so that I can run a hose from the pump to the dump pipe. Anyone see a problem with this?
Pressure Pro:
1. Do you leave the sensors on your TV all the time? How about the trailer? I know they have to be removed to add air-how low do you let the pressure go before you remove them and add air? One dealer I spoke with told me that every time you remove them you add a little wear and tear to the gasket and at some point they might leak.
2. Do you balance your tires on either the TV or trailer with them in place, or are they so small it does not matter?
TIA

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Can't help you with the Flojet we dump ours the old fashion way - drive down a dirt road and open the valve. Sorry, it's been a long day and I couldn't resist that.
Anyway, we do have Pressure pro although not on the TV (it has it's own system)
1. I leave them on all the time and since we have G614's I seldom have to add air. 5# would get me to do something usually, 10# for sure. Cold and altitude changes are usually the reason I add or subtract air.
2. Since I only have them on the trailer we balanced the tires without them. My guess would be they don't make much difference. Someone with a better idea should be along soon.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
I have pumped 100 feet thru a 3/4 hose with no problem. When in camp grounds I use the regular hose to connect to the sewer system. I find it more trouble to hook up the Flojet than just use the regular sewer hose.

I balance my tires without the sensors because they are so light it does not matter. I run different pressure in the front than the back and it is easier for the tire dealer to rotate and put the proper air in the tires I want. When they are done I put the proper sensor on the proper tire.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I have pumped 200 feet a lot of times, but I never use the FLO-JET in parks when I can use my 3" hose.
I think the 3" dump is a lot faster and keep the tanks cleaner. When I do use the FLO-JET it sure is worth what I paid for it.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
I only use the Flojet Mascerator. I have 2 lengths of 3/4" hose; one short and one 50' long. I use the short hose for camp grounds and the 50' for at home. There is a 3 piece Camco kit available at CW with a screw in adaptor for campground fittings and another piece from that kit that is a press fit into the screw in adaptor that has a hose attachment on its slanted top. These two fittings work perfectly for me both at the campground and home.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Flojet question 1: In your case I agree two 25' sections of hose are better so that way you aren't lugging 50' around when you need less.

Flojet question 2:If you do an internet search for "1 inch diameter water hose" you should find plenty of options that support higher pressure. They are more expensive per foot but they are available. I don't know if a discharge hose for a pool will support the possible pressure from the macerator.

Pressure Pro question 1: Leave them on. Remove them only if changing the battery or replacing a tire.

Pressure Pro question 2: When spin balancing I'd leave them on. It can't hurt and will be more accurate when you consider just fractions of an ounce difference in tires can affect balance (those weights don't weigh much just like the monitors). I think this might be the same case with bubble balancing but hopefully this method isn't used anymore by anybody.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote