Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
DonPd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4328
Has anyone redone the floor and slides

The carpet in my RV needs to be replaced. I have three slides with carpet on them. Has anyone redone the slides and floor with something other than carpet. The floor area doesn't look hard to put something other than carpet. I don't what to do with the slides. They have a carpet that overhangs and I don't know what to do about that. I am open to any ideas of what would be good to use on the floor and slides. The only thing I come up with is something on the floor and carpet back on the slides. My DW wants it all to be the same. Which means no carpet on the slides.

DonPd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
There are a few MOCers that have modified their floor covering with non-carpet materials. Hopefully they will be along shortly. I have seen them post pics of these mods also. Did you try a search?

Also, Don, if you do want to replace with carpet, the service mgr at my dealership told me to just go to any reputable carpet home store and many of these have experience re-doing RV carpeting with slides. He had his done this way. Good enough for me when the time comes.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I've seen a couple SOB that were re-done with Pergo. There will be a ledge along the edge of the slide. I personally don't like it. We have looked at some vinyl strips at Home Depot for the main floor, and will get new carpet with binding on the outer edge for the slide. Only problem I see is the carpet on the slide is tucked under the facing on the slide. Not sure what I'll do there, except maybe find another project to keep me from having to do the floor.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I replaced the carpet on the floor on our 99 Montana and will be doing our newerone next week. I did see a post a while back where someone yanked both the floor aand slide. You did not say how old the unit is or whether u have the thick slide or just a thin one
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
DonPd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4328
I think I have thin slides. I say that because I don't think I could put any type of a facing on it. They fit almost flush with the floor when open. My RV is a 2006 Mountaineer.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We have some MOCers, Don, that have put down laminate. They just have not hit this topic yet... I will see if I can do a search...

Try this, Don. I got it from our Show and Tell link on Glenn's MOC page.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...4/lam_flr.html
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:44 AM   #7
DonPd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4328
Thanks for the link. Answered a lot of questions.