Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
My New 35 MPG Honda Tow Rig

It does have a trailer hitch!

I may have to get one of those teeny-tiny tent trailers! LOL

FlashG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
FlashG,

Don't be silly. That rig will pull any Montana! And it will pull it over the mountains at any speed and 35 to 40 mpg!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Nice look-in ride!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Just need some air bags and maybe disk brakes on the Montana. It probably can be a 1 ton by adding a couple of rear springs. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 AM   #5
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Nice Ride, Looks like what goes around come's around. You start off life with a tricycle (three wheels) to keep you safe, graduate to the big boys, two wheel bike and before you know it time has passed to the point you need three wheels again to keep from tipping over. aleast this one has a little class. ha ha
"""BRANSON IS FINE FOR 2009""" Pass it on!!! John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:44 AM   #6
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
The RV Dealer said I could tow the Trailer with a Honda! LOL

"I did get the heavy duty tow package"
Old 08-19-2008, 05:04 AM   #7
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Careful on that beautiful rig. There are lots of drivers out there that will get you. This picture is of a Goldwing that was ahead of us in Arkansas back in 05. A little old lady pulled out from oncoming traffic to pass and hit the MC head on. It was a middle age couple out for a Sunday ride, their son riding another bike. The impact buckled the roof of the car, and they had to use jaws to open it up. The couple survived the crash, and last I knew were being rehabbed. The MC came back toward us sliding sideways, standing up, and did about $3000 in damage to the front of the truck. The couple impacted the car windshield, then the asphalt. I had owned MC all my life, the last being an 84 V65 Honda. My wife and I put many miles on it, traveling to FL and south Louisiana on different occasions. This accident was sickening to me. That is me and my oldest son in the picture.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
Here's a picture of a Rollahome cycle tent trailer.

Kinda Cool! Not so teeny-tiny. LOL

Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Slickwillie,

I sure wish you had not posted that crashed MC. My brother rides one almost identical to that one. I worry about him anytime he is on a ride. He's up in Colorado as I post. Heading back to California tomorrow. He is a very safe driver but you can never know what the other guy is gonna do.

Drive safely folks and be on the lookout for motorcycles.

Thanks,

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
There are two types of MC riders, those that have crashed, and those that are going to crash.

In 2007 I totaled 2. The first, a 2004 Kawasaki Nomad. Made the Run For The Wall from Weatherford, TX and Wash. DC. then back to Texas City. No problems. The MC was purchased in April of 2004 and I totaled it in March, 2007, with 64000+ miles that I put on it, so I guess you could say, I RIDE. After healing from that one, which was basically my fault and happened at 25-30 MPH, (I broke my left shoulder blade)I purchased a 2007 Kaw. Nomad with dealer added fairing and trunk. Red and silver, beautiful bike in June 2007.

On the luckies day of the year, 7/7/7, while traveling at 50 MPH, a pickup truck pulled out and broadsided me, then ran. I slid 130 feet on asphalt pavement, riding the bike all the way, and ended up with my right foot pinned under the floor board. Broke my right foot 5th metatarsal. My 830 pound bike pulled the license plate off of the truck and they were able to catch up with him the next day. He is presently pending court in Galveston County with a possible 4-20 sentence. I hope he get's 20. Yes, I was wearing the optional helmet as a promise to my DW. She stated she will never get on another motorcycle again and has asked me not to. My children have asked me not to. I miss the lifestyle, the camaraderie of the MC Club I belong to - All Marines.

I post this to ask all of you that ride to please be very, very careful, and then to be doubly careful. One thing, of the many that come to mind, that could have prevented the second accident (besides the other guy not being stupid) is to have had my air horn put on. I had one on the first bike and it saved me a few times on freeways when other "cagers" cut me off, or tried. The Air Horn made them think there was a Semi there and they changed their mind. I didn't have it installed because I was waiting for a nice shiny chrome one instead of the aluminum - dumb me!

Please be careful. The black round rubber dealies are to stay on the ground, and the shiny side stays upright.

Happy biking, and I do envy you RB's, unless you are two-up, then you are a LRB.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Slickwillie,

I sure wish you had not posted that crashed MC. My brother rides one almost identical to that one. I worry about him anytime he is on a ride. He's up in Colorado as I post. Heading back to California tomorrow. He is a very safe driver but you can never know what the other guy is gonna do.

Drive safely folks and be on the lookout for motorcycles.

Thanks,

HamRad
I don't know the statistics, but I would think a huge majority of MC accidents are not caused by the MC operator. In this day and time, with everyone in such a hurry, it is a night mare for bike riders. While we were back in East TX for the summer months, our friends there lost their son when someone pulled in front of him. He had chosen not to wear a helmet, and died on the scene.

As Wayne stated in his post, a good loud horn is a plus. I believe those oscillating headlights can really help daytime visibility. I was one of those riders that hadn't had my wreck yet. I know a Greater Power had to be watching over me. Too many close calls. I will never ride again. Every time I see a MC, I think of that couple laying in the highway and the agony they were going through, at no fault of their own.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote