Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
replacing linolium

I want to replace the kitchen floor with wood slats. I'm trying to figure out how to put it down next to (under) the slide. I can't see how to get the slide up off the floor to put it down. The stuff I'm looking at is pretty thin and is tongue and groove so I'll need at least a little clearance to get it in. If I pull the slide in just a little I can sort of rock it up and down. Is that all the farther it will move? Any info would be helpfull. I know some of you have done this before.

rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:25 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'm no expert but in hearing the stories of others' installations, I think they just close the slide until they get that little lift and slide the slats under the carpet edge. Should be a nice improvement.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
When I put down the laminate flooring on my 99, 2750 Montana I used an undercut skill saw to remove about two inches of the carpet under the slide. We assambled enough of the flooring, the length of slide so we could slide it as far in as possible. This way it did not come apart or move. I think I have somepictures some where
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote