Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Thanks - I think....................

We bought a new F350 SRW 6.4L today. Have been watching the posts, and with the exception of Ozz, haven't heard of any difficulties lately on the F350. Sure am going to miss the old Chevy. But it seems the more we travel the old 3000RK is not getting any lighter. On the bright side, somebody asked if they could rent our condo for the next six months while we wre in Alabama. So that should pay for the upgrade in cost for oil changes and etc.. Of course now the DW says we can get that new 3585 she keeps looking at. It never ends with rving..............

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
ffheik, your wife is right. You need a new unit to go with that new truck.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob, good move, I do love my truck, turns heads wherever I go, purrs like a Kitten....strike that; Lion, my great dealer took care of all the small glitches I had so..knock on wood, we are fine now. After spending around 10 days under the truck, I can say that they really build a great rock solid truck. Hope you and your DW enjoy it, also Hope to see you two sometime in the near future.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Mudchief, my DW is already wheelin and dealin on the new 3585. It looks like Nov we will get a new Monty, sure hate to see the 3000RK go away since we have it fixed up just the way we want it. But as long as it is a Monty I won't complain.

Ozz, glad you like that F350, I take delivery on mine Monday. I decided since I had 50 gal. of diesel in th 2500HD I would stall delivery until after the weekend, so we will just be cruising around sunny Texas til the tanks are closer to empty. Get the bedliner sprayed in Wednesday and the hitch put in Thursday. Rented the condo for six months starting the 15th of October, so we will be starting a six monther then instead of waiting for January. Planned on being in the strick house for 2 months but three weeks works good.

Hope to see ya'all on the hhighways and bye-ways........

Life is good in the rv lane.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Ozz i thought only chevy were rock solid ,, as they say built like a rock,, ford is better than rock solid ,, its all steel
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good choice! Congratulations! After 4000 miles, my F350 has taken a slight upturn in MPG, but nothing to brag about. Ozz is right about turning heads. Folks ignore the new Big Sky, but wow at the truck.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Barb and Bob! and yes- your are right. Its like the computer industry. The bigger truck means the bigger trailer which means the bigger truck which means..........it does not stop...ever!

As far as all those people turning heads to stare at you, its because they still think your headlights were installed upside down by mistake!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are starting to feel comfortable in our Shinny new 08 F-350.With all the suspension upgrades it is a bit stiff. bed liner goes in Oct 8th and guages go in Oct 11th. I think they put a quiet mode in the diesel for the first 1K miles as It was very quiet..now it sounds like a noisy old diesel...verrryy sneaky...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Rich, push some more bananas into the valve covers like they do at the factory and it will quiet back down.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
gj4040
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7002
We know the real reason it has gotten noisy. Helen has filled every single storage pocket in the truck plumb full of those essential items needed in case of an emergency.
gj4040 is offline   Reply With Quote