Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2006, 05:40 AM   #1
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Toilet problems and the fix for it.....

Moderator , move this to where it will reach and do the most good at your discretion

I gave a report on my new 3500rl last week and mentioned the problem with the toilet not holding water. I replaced the seal in mine and it corrected the problem for a few days. Someone suggested vaseline on there and corrected the problem.

Now, I just talked to Keystone and customer service , WHO WAS VERY NICE , and they told me to call the maker of the toilet. I did and they have a free fix for this as they have had lots of trouble with this particular toilet, model no 210 and 110 , Sealand model. They are sending me a package that contains a new seal and a spring loaded mechanism to replace the old one. They have had problems with this and are correcting it if you call them. Get your booklet out and call them. They were extremely helpful and nice.
So if you have this toilet , check into this.

FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
So glad to hear that you got such great support and a fix for your toilet.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, John. Our 3400 will be in the end of May. I will certainly write that down. I wonder if they will have made the changeout by then. Perobably not. Those items sit in storage I think for a while before they are installed. Not sure though. I'll check either way.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am sure glad to hear stories like this one. So often we scream about all the wrong and bad things with our Montana's and their suppliers. Makes me happy to know that companies are stepping up at taking care of their customers, so we can get back to enjoying our coach the way it was meant to. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Maybe Dometic learned something from the Remote thermostat fiasco "Don't mess with ...Montanas"!

Anyway, thanks for the tip, we will be following it also. The stronger spring seems like a likely answer because in our case at least, lifting up on the foot pedal solves the probler. Thank you!
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #6
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
I’m guessing my wife will disagree, but when I flush, and then lift up on the pedal, our Model 210 holds water.

On the other hand, it seems not to always be the case when she’s flushed. Even though she says she’s lifted the pedal up.

I’m thinking it might be due to the fact that I’m always wearing something on my feet, (slippers or tennis,) and she’s maybe wearing socks, if that.

Not to mention I’m a bit stronger than she is, I’m sure.

When it did start to dribble out, even after I lifted the pedal, I’d give it a good cleaning, and the problem seemed to go away for a while. And, luckily, here in Ozark, Alabama, the water’s in great shape, so there’s not a lot of build-up.

Regardless, just in case we’re on the road somewhere, and it continues to be a problem, even for me, I’ve ordered a spare seal and a ball assembly. I have a feeling that Murphy’s Law will eventually catch up to us, and the seal will develop a crack that no amount of clean-up or Vaseline will overcome. Or the ball will get scored by either repeated cleanings, or build-up of minerals.

I’ll still consider contacting Keystone, in case I think the spring’s power needs to be boosted.

Thanks All,
Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Is there a phone number available?
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
triplewhipp
Established Member

M.O.C. #5467
We had the same problem with our toilet not holding water. With our packet of "stuff" from the dealer there was a little stick-like (very similar to an emery board) from the maker of the toilet. The directions said to shut the water off to the toilet and open the valve and run the rough edge of the stick around the seal using a little detergent. We tried this and now the seal is working fine. Jim and Kathy
triplewhipp is offline   Reply With Quote