Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I'm back on line..

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a happy 4th.

Miss Montana is back in Indiana. I moved out in the pouring, and I mean pouring rain last Friday to my rental unit. What a fun day that was! Headed to my father's to check out his new and improved house and spend some time with him. The repairs are complete and it looks better than before. Not happy to see Dennis getting up to speed out in the Caribbean.

I finally got my cable switched to the rental and now I'm able to keep up with the forum again. Thanks for the cool shelf idea, Carol.

Nic Davis says they are going to completely replace the slide. I sure hope this is the end of this little saga. I cannot explain the feeling when I'm standing in the street watching a stranger tow Miss Montana away. The driver said he would call me Sunday morning when he got to Goshen. I got a voice mail Sunday night. He said he's was still about two hours away, NORTH of IN. He said he had time to spare so he decided to do a little "sightseeing and take his time". I thought, "Sightseeing? Towing Miss Montana, you went sightseeing?"

I am wondering if I'm the only one who thinks that is a little odd.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #2
Montana_2779
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2779
I'm not sure how that industry works, so that may be a legitimate practice. HOWEVER, I agree that I want my contractors to treat my property with every possible respect! In this case, a contractor is adding additional miles to a vehicle (and additional miles can lead to premature maintenance points or repair). If you take a car in for an oil change, would you want the fella to use it to go to the parts store, pick up lunch and take his sweetie out for a movie?! Heck no!!

If this side trip concerns you (and I can't say it wouldn't concern me!), you may want to contact Keystone and verify both their policies and the industry standards concerning this practice. If this is not acceptable to Keystone, they would probably like to have this information so they can decide whether to use this driver again in the future.
Montana_2779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #3
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
I hope he left Miss Montana parked while he went sight seeing. Its probably parked because sight seeing with a 5er in tow isn't much fun. I tried it in Atlanta it just doesn't work. A Keystone dealer (not Montana) allowed me to drop the 5er in their storage lot for the day at no charge. Three cheers for Keystone dealers.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Glad to see you back online.
Well I sure hope this replacement slide is the answer to your problem. You sure have had your share of them.

Quote:
quote:I am wondering if I'm the only one who thinks that is a little odd.
Not at all. I sure wouldn't want some Yaahoo sightseeing with my Monty in tow. It's not the few extra miles he's adding to your rig but the longer it's on the road the better the chances of having an accident. I go along with Pete on this on and would definitely have something to say to the folks at Keystone.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
fla native, I am glad that you are back and truly hope that they get Miss Montana fixed this time. I am also glad that your father has everything fixed up even better. We could be heading out at anytime for Florida and I just hope that the storms stay away.LOL
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
fla native,
I am hoping that this guy is saying this with tongue-in-cheek. I'm certain that "sightseeing" is a definite no-no for someone transporting a trailer. Let's all hope that he was just kidding.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #7
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I was hoping it was a tongue-in-cheek remark too. He did not strike me as a kidder. I think I'll just give him a call back today. To clarify.

Glad to know others would be uncomfortable with this. I think it was his remark that he was 2 hours North of IN. He picked up in FL. I see it as unnecessary miles on my rig and especially tires.

On another note. If any of you are sitting along the northern Gulf Coast, I think you should move. Not looking good.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote