Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Replacement Parts?

The local Montana authorized dealer & service center is not open on weekends. That and I gave them three tries to fix my trailer brakes (intermittant failures) and they couldn't. I found that the GROUND PIN in the connector was loose, fixed that and they have not failed once since. It was that simple & they couldn't find it?!?! I am not intending to ever do business with them again unless I absolutly have no choice.

Is there an RV parts store On-Line that carries parts for Montanas?

Thanks,
MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
MuddyPaws check out this site, I don't know if it has what you want or not but has a lot of stuff. https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newstore/nojava/index.cfm
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Thanks! They have the parts I thought would be most difficult to find. Nice.

I also found that they have the ShurFlow SmartSensor 5.7 on sale for $149!

And that begs the question, has anyone put one of these babies in a Montana? I put one in out previous RV, it was quiet, didn't pulse or fade, and delivered better pressure. 65PSI, which might be a problem if our plumbing can't handle 65?

Thanks,
MuddyPaws
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
I installed the Smartsensor this spring and I like it very much. The water flow is much better and it is QUIET. We have had no problem with the 65 lb pressure. At my home I have 75 lb and at that pressure I do not use a pressure limiter when I hook up to my home water.

I did have a little problem with one of the fittings (the quick disconnect fittings that were included) leaking a bit, but after making sure it was seated better, it has been fine. I also did purchase the matching filter assembly that is recommended and installed that at the same time. I am glad I did, because at one of the places I stayed, there was some particulate in the water that was able to be caught by the filter. This was the one time that I forgot to run the water thru the whole house filter that I use when filling the tank. (well, not the only time!)
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Just remembered something else. The Shur Flow pump that is standard in the Monty's can be adjusted to eliminate, or nearly eliminate the pulsing. There is a little adjustment screw at the "back" end of the unit that can be adjusted. It only changes the pulsing, but it does not change the pressure... so says Shur Flow.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote