Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
SuperGlide Adaptor

I'm not sure who started a previous thread, but there was one that discussed the adaptor for the SuperGlide hitch that will allow towing by a non-SuperGlide hitch (hopefully in a longbed!). We decided to get one in case of an emergency where our truck couldn't be used to pull the rig. However, it does have to be used in conjunction with the hitch head from the truck. It was about $160 delivered and I think well worth the money for the peace of mind.

Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bill,
I have not heard of such an option, but I have been wrong before. When I bought my roadside assistance program I notified them about having the Superglide and the additional piece bolted to my kingpin. They made a note in my file to let any wrecker know they have to have an air wrench to unbolt the wedge to be able to tow it with a traditional hitch. Or the other option which they agreed they would also pay for is to send a commerical wrecker out and tow both the truck and coach together to the nearest/safest place, drop the coach in a campground and then take the truck into a GM dearlship. Might be something to look into if your interested...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:05 AM   #3
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Montana Sky,
Our plate is welded to the pin box, so it can't come off. We also have the RV+ road service from AAA which gives extensive coverage. I just felt it was best to cover all the options. (White Chevy crew cab with a Montana sure is a nice combo, isn't it?)
Old 09-28-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Bill, this is omething that I need to investigate doing. I have heard of the adaptor and am intrigued by it as, like you, our SuperGlide plate was welded to the kingpin.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #5
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
There is an adapter plate so that your Montana with the SuperGlide plate can be hauled by a regular 5th wheel hitch.
What you do it disconnect your plate from the hitch in the truck (pull the two side pins) and mount it to your your pin box.
Then the adapter plate attaches to the SuperGlide plate that is now on your pin box.
They should let people who buy SuperGlide hitches about the adapter plate.
PS I have one.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
I may have been the person who raised the issue of an adapter for the Super Glide. I am delighted to learn that an adapter is available and have copied the information provided here in an email to the parts guru at my dealer. Have asked him to check it out and get me a price. Would hope to have it on board the Monty when we start travelling in the Spring.

Thanks again for the information.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bill Hill,
The first time I saw your picture posted I did a double take. I have a picture just like yours of my truck and coach. I just love the way my coach and truck look while running down these great roads of ours. The next Duramax will be another white one, but will probably get the long bed for the larger fuel tank.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Bill Frisbee,
you can call Pullrite and order direct from them, bypass the middleman!

Montana Sky,
I've thought about the need for the larger tank, but didn't want the extra length. The truck sits a little higher in the rear now since I installed the Timbrens. Ours really are twins!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Contacted PullRite directly and adapter was received by our son in West Virginia (need to avoid Canada Customs if possible) three days later. Price - $US140.00

Old 10-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bill,
If it is at all possible please post pictures of your new adapter. I am really curious about it.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Montana Sky ...

Will be picking up the adaptor when we visit West Virginia at the end of the month. Will try to post a pic or send you one as an email attachment.

Bill
Old 10-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #12
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
For the price that we all paid for the slider I believe Pullrite should include the adapter as part of the package
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #13
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
LOL. Amen, markwick!!!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #14
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Speaking of Pullrite. I got the superrails so I can remove them from my truck bed. If you have the superrails, did you get rubber plugs to put in the holes in the bed when you remove the rails? Did they come in the box or did you have to order them seperately?
Thanks
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote