Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
Level Up Auto Level Reset

For three years the Level Up auto level worked perfectly. This weekend it lost its mind. On nearly level ground, auto level sent the right side up to the max lifting the tires off the ground and the rig was whompyjawed. Fortunately, manual controls worked. When doing the reset level point procedure, the 10 pushes of the front and rear buttons didn't work. I remembered someone's post saying they had to push the buttons 11 times and, sure enough, 11 pushes activated the computer to reset the level point.

I don't know why the Level Up controller failed. The unit is stored in a metal shed along with nine other units. There have been severe electrical storms over the last month but the unit was not plugged into shore power. Maybe the electro magnetic force from a nearby lightning bolt erased the controller memory. Before the weekend, I plugged it into shore power for two days including the Camping World 50 amp surge protector. Perhaps, some electrical spike affected the controller memory. Anyhow, I'm curious to see if the memory retains the level point data.

jjparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
When we had ours installed at the factory I ask them to show me what to unplug to reset the computer and so they put a red plug in for me instead of the regular one so I could find it easily. So far we haven't needed it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Did the manual work?
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Same thing happened to me. Rig was in storage. Brought to house. Unhooked, used auto level, worked perfect. Hooked to truck and towed about 50 miles.

Lowered front jacks, unhooked truck, moved truck and hit auto level. Right side raised till out of jack with wheels off ground.

Was able to manually retract all 4 back jacks, using front jacks got it level. (campsite was level side to side) Did the 10 push front/rear and it thinks it is level. I did manually extend the rear jacks to make the DW happy. Have not tried the auto level yet, but did not want to press my luck while at the lake.

Lippert, Oh well.....

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:39 AM   #5
jjparker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6196
Send a message via AIM to jjparker Send a message via MSN to jjparker Send a message via Yahoo to jjparker
When away for the weekend with the grandkids and the auto level failure occurred, I used the manual control buttons to level the rig with all six legs and to raise all legs for the trip home. Since the kids needed to go to a camp on Monday, I didn't try to set the zero point on the road for fear it was broken and we would be stuck with legs down a hundred miles from home...and I have never tried using a drill on the pump to retract everything. I did the set zero point procedure in the storage shed.

First using all six legs and the manual controls and with all the slides out, I used a carpenter's level placed here and there to get the inside level. It's good exercise to run in to take a level reading then go out to push a controller button and repeat. I focussed on getting the stove top level. Then I made small leveling adjustments so the refrigerator doors, shower door and bedroom door would stay in place in all open positions. (For three years we contended with doors slowing swinging shut or open on their own based on the factory installed zero point. We even bought a door stop for the bedroom door to keep it open.) I then turned off the Level Up controller based on the following Lippert instructions. However, I had to press front and rear buttons 11 times instead of 10, but the computer readouts all came to life and acted as described.

SETTING THE ZERO POINT ON THE LEVEL-UP SYSTEM
http://lci1.com/assets/content/suppo...heets/0317.pdf

Until DQDick mentioned it, I did not think about pulling a plug to reset the Level Up computer. I did find a reference to a plug below and wonder if it is the same plug. I did NOT have to do this to set the zero point.
RESETTING THE LEVEL UP
REAR SENSOR "TIMED OUT" ISSUE
http://lci1.com/assets/content/suppo...heets/0219.pdf

jjparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
call lippert, they will help you out. http://lci1.com/support-center
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote