Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2008, 05:13 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Here's the count

With the Yellowstone thingy behind us, here is the count of wildlife seen:
  • 7 bears, 4 black, 3 grizzles
  • 4 moose, one bull, 3 cows
  • 7 elk
  • 5 mule deer
  • prong horn antelope-too many to count
  • bison, two within 3 feet of the truck, 10 close up and way too many to count
  • marmot, rabbits, and squirrels
Yearling bear cubs are feisty. All-in=all, Yellowstone is a trip worth making. Dianna remarked that it would have been a better trip had we been able to do it when we had the kids at home. Now we are off to Buffalo and Big Horn Mountains.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Stiles. We just hope that we can make that trip someday, along with Mt Rushmore, et al. Until then, thank you for letting us travel with you on this forum.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Yellowstone will probably always be our favorite place to visit! We're taking our grown-up kids and their kids (which would be our grandkids ) over there when everyone arrives next month. I'm so glad you had such a nice trip through there. You hit the jackpot with the bears, as you've probably been told already. Great memories.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It was stimulating to see the momma black bear and her two yearling cubs bounce across the road about 4 car lengths in front of us, pause for a bit and move off into the forest, all too quick to get pictures though.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Yellowstone we were there in 2005 and yes it is worth the trip. We stayed at the West gate, I think it was a KOA. The very first wild life we see just inside the West gate was a Bald Eagle, now how awesome is that. We had a good time, but once is enough. We also Loved the Crazy Horse monument, now that is and amazing thing. But we Love the West and hope to go back again. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
I can say that Yellowstone was great having just been there this May. What left us even more surprized was Mt Rushmore (spent 4 days in this area) and the Badlands (spent 3 days here) unabelievable country.
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:26 AM   #7
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Stiles, your memories of the Momma and her cubs will be more vivid than any picture. We can and have all seen pictures of bears. Enjoy what you saw. The first time the Union Pacific Challenger #3985 came through this area I intentionally left the camera at home. I wanted my memory to be "full screen", not through the view finder. I can still see, hear, and feel the trains passing 15 years ago!

Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote