Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
UAW on strike as of Today 11 am est

Patty, I just saw this announcement on the diesel site. Pam and I hope it is a very short strike. I remember talking to Dick this weekend at the rally and he was unsure which way it would go. I'm sorry that it went in the toilet. Again just hopefully it will be short.
Good Luck
Chuck & Pam
ps it was great meeting you and everyone else.

lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ditto what lwcdg says, hope it is short. All the GM employees on strike will be in our thoughts.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Having been a Teamster and a Steel Worker I do know the hardships of a strike. Our thoughts and prayers are with Patty and Dick as well as all the GM UAW workers that this strike will be settled shortly.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
For the GM workers this is going to be very costly. There is no way they can live on $200.00 a week. I believe GM will go near bankruptcy before they give into the UAW. The money lost in the Stike will never be recovered by the UAW or GM. And Japan and the other foreign car makers will just get stronger. Sounds like GM has about 87 day supply of Vehicles to sell. Ford and Dodge are rooting for GM because they know if GM don't win they are in serious trouble. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
This will have a ripple effect up and down the supply chain -- not going to be good for the economy as a whole no matter who ultimately wins out (if you can say anyone wins in a strike anymore!). Regardless, our sincerest wishes for a quick resolution!!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote