Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
pound99
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1836
5th wheel Front storage skirts

Where do you buy and who installs . Are benefits worth it. i would like to store chairs hitch etc and not look junk to others. what are some of other things to considers like wind,cleaning and leaks from installation.

thanks much

Daryl

pound99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
bought ours at Camping World and installed it myself.I put a dab of silicone on each screw/snap head to seal it.

Phil

wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
They do an excellent job of hidding things. You need to run a hose on the front of your trailer with it on to get an idea where water will drip. We left things in the drip zone that had to be replaced. It is also a good idea to put something between the landing gear legs to keep wind and dust to a minimum. I prefer the twist locks to snaps.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We had one for years and it eventually started to tear where we drove tent stakes thru the grommets on the bottom to secure. Others have used other methods to secure and will probably be along to tell about them. I think they are a great idea. We used to keep our bikes and some extra chairs under there to keep out of the weather. We bought ours at CW and had them install. They used the supplied snaps. I would say well worth the money to keep things out of sight.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I am on my secound one now. I upgraded to boat twist fasteners, they are stainless and much easier to undo. The original snaps get sand and dirt in them and are hard to undo and reset. The wind in New Mexico would break the end snaps every few weeks and I got tired of replaceing them. With the boat fasteners I have had no such problems and it is a snap to undo and reset. I would not be without a front skirt keeps things hidden.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Prior to leaving Puerto Vallarta, Mexico this year I had a local boat canvas shop make a real fancy front storage enclosure. Instead of snaps or twist fasteners to secure it to the sides of the camper, plastic tracks were used to attach the canvas to the Monty. This helps to make it weather tight. The rails were attached to the bottom side of the front, inside of the corner strip. When the enclosure is off the plastic rails are not visible. It also includes canvas between the landing gear legs to keep the wind and weather out and roll up window panels with bug screens, just like a tent. With all that said I have, as of yet used this enclosure only takes up space in the basement. I think if I spent more time in one place or in one RV park I would actually use it. So before you spend money to buy one, ask youself will you actually use it.

Tony
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Camping world.Wait for a sale.Installed it my self..Nice storeage area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote