Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #21
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Will that same bed saver support the weight as the one for the 18K/24K? The impression is that a higher hitch rating means that the pin weight of whatever is being hauled needs to support weight if a mishap occurs. On the surface 24K versus 25K isn't much and should be fine.

I was just wondering if anyone recognizes this might be a problem if not considered. Especially if you're driving down the road and then the pin comes loose an 18K load dropping down on the BedSaver would not be as bad as a 24K or 25K load and the same hardware is used for all of them.

I'm just thinking out load, because the bedsaver has to support more than just pin weight if the TV is in motion when the RV drops into it. I think of this possibility for those who have reported that pranksters have pulled the hitch release bar for unsuspecting drivers when they have make a long stop. I don't always check and haven't gotten a lock for the release bar, yet. Worse yet, I don't have a Bed Saver.
Art, we use the lock we had for our TT coupler...after reading about someone having their fifth wheel hitch tampered with, we never travel without ours locked. I even check the hitch prior to getting back on the road after every stop, even with the lock!

CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote