Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
The past 7 days

Sunday. The week went fast, didn't it? What will you change about the next 7 days?
We can all make improvements, just think, if you made just one improvement, or good change each week, you would have 52 good life-altering actions a year.
"I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed". ~George Carlin
Humorous, but one cannot think change comes with no effort. If it did, it wouldn't be much to celebrate, or much improvement to your life, or your family.
"After you've done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over." ~Alfred Edward Perlman
Just pick one meaningful thing Monday, work it and make a change.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Agreed, and worth the effort.

"We must become the change we want to see."
Ghandi

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I love this subject.
Both of the above posts are right on target, I think.
The subject of entropy is little discussed in general conversation but is an unavoidable minute-by-minute experience in our lives.
We are constantly trying to avoid an increase in entropy relative to ourselves and our possessions. This is why we exercise, eat, do preventative maintenance on our possessions, or most other things we do.
In the entire universe, the only constant thing is change. Everything is constantly changing in ways both small and large. Our only contribution will be to determine whether the change in our lives is positive or negative.
We have no choice; we will change. If a slight change is to the positive, we have improved. If a slight change is to the negative we have decreased our functionality.
As Ozz indicated, an hourly, daily or weekly effort to change to the positive has a cumulative effect. If we take no action, we change for the worse; again, no choice or alternative.
Discussing this is a step toward acknowledging the need for constant attention to an awareness for the necessity of positive change.
Thanks for bringing this up Ozz, since we all need reminded.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Larry, you are welcome. I wish I could word it as eloquently as you did.
Ahhh, what Larry said.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote