Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 AM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
We're Back!!!!!!

Ware all moved in at the RV Park, the house closes in 10 days, we've been through some rain and wind storms here on the canal, and the Monty came through just fine.
WE LOVE IT!!!!

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I can tell you're excited, Rick! Congrats! It's a feeling of exhilaration I am looking forward to, also
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rick and Phyllis,
So glad to hear all is going well for the both of you. I hope you have more happy memories to come.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Sounds like good news Rick, I think we have the same weather pattern as you guys and we have had a couple of good windstorms and another one coming tonight.

How far is Gig Harbour from Seattle? Thanks, Don
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855

Don,
Gig Harbor is about 45 miles from Seattle. We live in Allyn, about 16 miles SW of Gig Harbor, near the Hood Canal, As a matter of fact I'm looking at The bay on which Allyn is located out of my window now. I don't know about you, but I am very tired of Rain!!!
It has just stared to rain again, AAAARGH!!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glad to see that your plans are falling into place. Hope the future holds more joy than you have anticipated. Be reminded that into each life a little rain must fall. Sounds like you are getting a double portion of that old saw. Happy RVing....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Well Rick, we are right behind you guys! I think we will be moving out of the house and into our Monty in about 5 wks. Then the house will be left in the hands of the Realtor to get it sold, and then we will be moving south to Yuma AZ, around the 3rd wk of March to get out of this darned awful RAIN here in Washington State. We live in Marysville (about 50 miles north of Seattle), and we not only have webbed feet and hands, I think we may be growing gills as well.

Did you manage to make it through the windstorm we had on Saturday? We had roads closed due to downed trees here, what a mess! Well, hopefully things will dry out a little bit soon. We had relatives who lived in Brennan over looking Hood Canel and it is very pretty during the spring and summer, but they also had a lot of forest around them and it was miserable in winter due to the rain. But they too just loved it!

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
MEL, The Monty hadled the high winds just fine!!! The winds were coming up from the SW and horizontal rain, We were nose into it basically. We had a little rocking, The sldie topperws popped a little but other than that NO PROBLEMS. Weather today 07 Feb is 30 degrees outside, 70 insde, using one bottle of propane per week.
I WAS GOING TO HAVE A TANK DROPPED HERE AT THE SITE, BUT THEY WANT 400 PLUS just to bring it the 4 miles from their yard, and hook it up and fill for first time. I can fill 30 on board tanks for that kind of money. So, I didn't have it done.
Temps today are going to be in the fifties, was 60 here yesterday.
As an aside, we have lived here in Washington for 26 years, on the key peninsula. It can be frustrating in the iwnter, but can't be beat in the summer when the sun is shining!!!! Phyllis retires in 2 years and then we will be on the road doing what we have wanted to do for a long time, see this beautiful country of ours.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Rick, you are right about summers in the Northwest. Beautiful and bug free compared to many parts of the world. Glad your Monty weathered the storm. The south tip of the Island got it but we were OK on the east side. Today was a real nice sunny day and man, did it feel nice after 6 solid weeks of rain. Take care, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote