Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Adirondack Park in NY

Would like some tips on traveling and camping in the Adirondack Park.
Samuel and I are taking our Monty to Vermont for a wedding Labor day and want to stop along the Hudson River Valley on the way home to VA.

Which campgrounds have the best sites for our large rigs.

Still in the planning stage. Would appriciate any and all comments.

Salle & Samuel
South Central Virginia
2000 Montana 35'
1998 Chev 3500 Diesel

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Hi Salle and Samuel,
Although we live near the Adirondack Park, we don't camp there often. There is a beautiful RV Park we like to go to in Lake George, NY. Ledgeview RV Park. It is a nice place to stay and go exploring the Adirondack Park. In less that an hour you can visit all the little towns and villages, that make up the Adirondack Park. My parents used to have a home on Paradox Lake which is off exit 28 of I 87. You are only about 1 1/2 hrs. from Lake Placid. I would highly recommend this park. Lake George is beautiful that time of year. If you are going there the weekend after Labor Day, it will be a crowded as there is a huge street rod show. It won't be too busy during the week, but it starts getting crazy by Thursday or Friday. My guess would be that the best time to go would be from Labor Day(Monday) until the following Thursday or Friday. That is unless you want to go to the car show. We used to go every year and it just got too crazy and conjested.

Here is a link to the RV Park. I might also mention that they do not allow animals. So it may or may not work for you.

Feel free to send us a private message if you have any other questions.

http://www.ledgeview.com/

AL and Nita
2003 Chevy Dually
2005 3670RL
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #3
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Thanks Al & Nita,
I checked it out and it will work nicely. We would be there Tuesday night. I
have decided on the Central Adirondack Trail. It goes a 140 miles loop from Lake George N on 9 to route 28 around to Rome. Then like Gleen said we could
take 12 south to I-81 and home.

Salle & Samuel
South Central Virginia
2000 Montana 35'
1998 Chev 3500 Diesel

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote