Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I decided to stop cutting the hair all together. This is the longest my hair has been in the last 8 years. =) Maybe someday I will catch Carol... lol !!

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #22
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Carol,

I'm no longer able to say that I've "Had a bad day at work." (Retired!)

But I have had a few bad days at this PC! I think I've got it working the way I want it to, finally, though. And I have had a few belly laughs at some of the posters' contributions, myself. So I am happy to have lightened your day a bit.

Steve

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:14 AM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Colleen,

Pony tail!! I always wear it in a pony tail. Keep the bangs short enough they are not in my face (with ya there, cannot stand it)

NOW add the hat!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #24
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Colleen,

Pony tail!! I always wear it in a pony tail. Keep the bangs short enough they are not in my face (with ya there, cannot stand it)

NOW add the hat!
AL???!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #25
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Funny Steve, REAL FUNNY!! HA HA HA AH (not!)

NO Carol. But, I still add the hat!

Are you two still in Alabama, I think the heat is getting to ya!! Are you wearing a hat?? HAHAHA

Me thinks this RVing life agrees with you WAYYYYYYYYYY too much! You are just WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too happy!

CAROL!!!! NOT AL

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #26
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Carol,

I knew that.

Couldn’t resist, though. Having grown up through the 60’s, (and noting that many who were there then have yet to grow up,) I never did get into long hair, and still say, “Get a haircut!” to the folks I see on TV with balding, graying pates, and ponytails.

Yup. We’re still in Alabama. Kimmrg thought about it, and said we should stay another month or two. She loves her brother’s swimming pool too much. (Even though this park has a nice one.) And the furry kids can go into her brother’s pool, as well. Copper is the swimmer…Well, she swims to anyone who’ll hold her while she floats. Penny doesn’t get into the pool. Just sits on the first step with her belly getting wet.

And I enjoy the alone time, here in the Monty, while Kim and the girls are over there!

And I do so enjoy this life. It’s tough. But SOMEBODY’S gotta do it!

And, yup. I do have hats! I have quite a selection, in fact. I'm trying to create an avatar pic that shows one of my favorites clearly enough, too!

Steve
Old 07-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I have to have mine cut every 3 weeks. Before we started fulltiming I asked mine what to tell whomever about cutting my hair. He gave me the info and that's what I tell them. Occasionally I ask someone in the rv park office for a recommendation but that's not always worked out well. I've taken to mostly using SuperCuts. They're not perfect, sometimes they screw up a little, but generally they're decent and at least are mostly consistent.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:52 PM   #28
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
The saying used to be, "The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks." Guess the time frame has gone to five weeks. It is always a challenge in Mexico where I speak no Spanish and they speak no English, but it gets cut anyway---it's only five weeks to the next haircut! :=)
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #29
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Bobilrvn,

Maybe if you "PRESS 1" you can get them to speak English?

Steve
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #30
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
I guess I am pretty lucky....Mary (my wife) has cut my hair since we got married. I have tried to go out and pay for a hair cut (to give Mary a break) but I am just never satisfied. And she is always willing to do it. She was a professional hair dresser before doing home day care for 25 years.
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #31
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I hope Mary is getting a tip for her hard work, or at least a dozen roses every once in a while. You know that labor members go on strike every once in a while.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen is a great barber,Have not been to a real barber in many years.Having no hair does not run in my family, either side so although I am a senior person I have much hair.Get it cut about every month or so.It can get pretty long and birds begin to circle looking for a nesting place ..but so what...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #33
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
I've used Supercuts, Wal-Mart, someplace that looked good and then ask at the campground or if you see someone with a nice haircut. I've also cut my own, which sometimes looks as good as what the stylist does. Yeah for gel, mousse and hair products!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 AM   #34
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
I was hoping this thread would still be around - I was telling my hairstylist about our comments on haircuts, etc, while on the road and she gave me a couple of tips - you probably already know but I hadn't thought about it.

Go to a bigger salon/shop; one with several stylists, and ask for the Manager - tell her/him you want to have your hair cut/styled by someone who really does well with short/long/grey (whatever) hair. This puts the Manager on the spot to give you their best person as reputation is on the line and they know we are going to share information with a ton of people.

2. Don't be afraid to ask for your money back if you are unhappy with the work - same process - talk with a Manager - in a non accusatory way - just say you aren't happy, and would like a refund - They may give you your money back or offer some compensation.

Also, ask your own hairstylist if they know people in some of the area you may be going through. I found that just by telling where we were going this Fall, that my stylist knew of 3 different people along the route; I just hope I don't need 3 haircuts in 20 days, or I'm in a lot of trouble, I already have short hair, (haha) Maybe this helps, or not...

Chaser
Evy Orlob (and Mike too)
Retired,Rvers,Racefans
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #35
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
This has been an interesting thread. I've had problems as I travel, trying to get a decent haircut (for the few I have left). I tell the barber/stylist what I want and when he/she gets through, it is nothing like I wanted. What am I to do? They always give me a mirror to look at the back of my head, but it's usually too late. I'm just thankful that the hair grows back and I can then again take potluck. We do have a friend who does a decent job but we only see her once a year.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #36
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
In this mornings paper their's an article on a hair stylist in Newport Beach,Cal. that charges $450 per haicut. Let me know if you want his address !

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #37
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Was that the one that cut Bill Clinton's hair on the runway at LAX several years ago?
Happy trails........................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #38
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
I don't know if he does runways or not, they did not mention Mr. Clinton. He does mostly women I don't think men have that much hair.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote