Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
DTIEDEMAN
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12686
Water on floor in front of bedroom slide

Our model is a 2013 3100 RL. Last night we had a hard driving rain (wind was 30 mpg + and gust over 40 mph) and we discovered the carpet being wet just in front of the bedroom slide on the front side of the bed. Have checked the seals and all look good. Any ideas? Thanks

DTIEDEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
The same happened to me at the place you describe, but only once. We had severe weather, 35 - 40 mph winds and torential rain blowing sideways directly at the bedroom slide. It was only enough to wet the carpet. After the weather passed a mop up with a towel and finish off with a blow dryer took care of it. In my case I think it was just the direction we were facing and the open beach exposure that caused the problem.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
Had the same problem several times.
Discussed with plant tech at the Fall Rally this year.
He look and found the screws loose along the base frame outside under the bed slide and also recommend resealing along there.
Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Likely the seal along the wide trim piece at the bottom of the slide. Along the top edge of the trim piece you will find the silicone separated. Many here have found this to be the problem. "Sheepdog" told me. I have seen it on many.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
When mine was wet like this I found the trim pieces needed silicone as said above plus while I was looking I found the antenna wire boot needed to be done also. No more wet carpet.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote