Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
Dimplex Fireplace

The fireplace is not something we use for heat very often, more for that feeling of keeping the "cave" homey. The other day I turned on the heat as we had a damp cool day but not enough for the furnace. On the lower setting all was well with the blower running quietly. I switched to the high heat setting with no discernible change in the blower speed but a "hand" check confirmed the airflow was warmer. After about 1-2 minutes the blower stopped. I adjusted the thermostat but it stayed stopped so I shut it down and restarted. After doing this a few times I discovered that it took a rest period of more than 5 minutes before the blower/heat would function again. (Sounds like a safety cut-off activated). Being the do-it-myself kinda guy I am I took out the FP and took off the back and checked all connections. All are tight with no evidence of arcing, burning or corrosion. My questions are:

1. Is the blower supposed to have two speeds?
2. Has anyone experienced the same problem and what was the fix?
3. What is Dimplex's warranty service like?

As always thanks for any help.

RCN.Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
On the bottom of the fireplace, there should be several rows of vents. If you only have one row, contact Dimplex and they will send you a new bottom under warranty. The blower should have more that one speed.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
I had a 09 model, and the fireplace did the same thing. I took it back to the dealer, and I remember them replacing some of the parts under warranty. I think there was an issue with the blower.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
yes, just call dimplex explain the problem and they will help you out. most of the time for free.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
Thanks I will call.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCN.Stoker

Thanks I will call.
I had the same problem with a Dimplex. They sent a new blower/heater unit at no charge without any questions.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
Called Dimplex. Soon as I gave my serial number the nice lady said, "We have recognized the problem with this unit and will send you out the new bottom panel for your fireplace." The expired warranty was not an issue. They even offered to have it installed but I declined as my unit is parked far from any service provider and I am can't guarantee being available to give access for the service tech. She explained the required work and it is a simple job.

Nice to deal with this type of company. That Dimplex electric BBQ may just find itself under the tree this year.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCN.Stoker

Called Dimplex. NCFishers had it bang on. Soon as I gave my serial number the nice lady said, "We have recognized the problem with this unit and will send you out the new bottom panel for your fireplace." The expired warranty was not an issue. They even offered to have it installed but I declined as my unit is parked far from any service provider and I am can't guarantee being available to give access for the service tech. She explained the required work and it is a simple job.

Nice to deal with this type of company. That Dimplex electric BBQ may just find itself under the tree this year.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I recently had to replace my heater/fan module. It was a straight forward remove and replace process. My rig is an '02 year model. Cost about $120.00 delivered to my door. Took maybe 30 minutes to do the job.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote