Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Livingston Montana

Here we are at an old KOA in Livingston, Montana with some friends for a week. Got in sunday afternoon the 17th set up and sat around with a couple of toddies. We're about 1/8 th mile from the Yellowstone River and this morning I watched a Brown bear working it's way down to the river. My buddy and his wife are out fly fishing and Phyllis is taking a nap and de-pressurizing from her job. It's great to see. I'm baking a cake to go with our Ribeye steaks and baked potaoes and salad tonight, along with the obligatory toddy or ten. The sunset is absoulutely awesome, today is clear, big sky and all. temp last night at freezing, temp today about 65 sofar, but rising. the wifi here is free and there is no TV! We have about a gazzillion movies on board is we get bored. I don't see that happening!! Going to Yellowstone tomorrow for a day trip 200 miles round trip, plus traveling in the park. Only bad thing is having to go back to the home base in Allyn, Wa so that Phyllis can go back to work next week. Having a blast, wish you all were here, it would blowe the owneres out of the water, speaking of which they have an indoor heated pool which we are taking frequent advantage of.

Saw 5 MOntys and a Big Sky on the way over, flashed the lights but didn't get any respose. We were on I-90.

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Rickety,

That sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Wish we were there.

I don't know what it is about I-90. Very infrequently I'll get flashed back. Just this morning I flashed a W/B Monte in Spokane Valley and got no response. I was in my TV w/o 5er(maybe he thought I was nuts - LOL)

Continue having a wonderful time and drive safe.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Rickety,
Glad you are enjoying our neck of the woods! Livingston is our hometown; we live down south 8th street. Now you'll understand why we call it home...beautiful scenery, great fishing, abundant wildlife....ooh I am making myself homesick just thinking about it! I have been away from Livingston for almost a year; stuck here in Southern Ca. for anesthesia school. I will return next month for two weeks. I am counting the days...
Visit Mark's in and Out on the Corner of Park and 8th for a great Wilcoxsin's Ice cream Cone. Or you can grab a great burger down at the Pop Stand. The Rib and Chop house also has great food if you need a place to catch dinner. Enjoy all the galleries downtown, I think Friday is the Artwalk where all the galleries open and people wander from one to the next for free wine and finger foods.
Wish I was there! Enjoy!
tara
Steve works in Yellowstone, (Mammoth) at the NPS Garage. Stop in and say hello!
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote