Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
Montana_2034

M.O.C. #2034
Help! Purchase cost Montana

Help!!!

We have been making the rounds looking at 3650RK Montana 2955RL,3670RL, and 3400RL and also We are getting ready to make a purchase within the next couple of months. We are also planning to attend the Atlanta RV show this month. Now saying all that.....we love the Montana RV! How can I figure a best price on my choice?
I have not found a MSRP on the Montana and where on earth do you
get even a clue about a dealers cost. I don't mind a dealer making a
money, but I still would like to get my best price too!
I appreciate any help or feedback that you guys have for us!!!

Thanks

Montana_2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Depends on your model your finally choose. Anywhere from 35K-40K is good price on models you mentioned. I am picking u new 3685FL Tuesday after labor day with all options even Hi Gloss paid 36,900.oo for it. List on it was about 49K
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
Montana_2034

M.O.C. #2034
Thanks for the information! That sounds like a good price, Where did you purchase your 3685FL? Did you order a new 2005? We have been looking at the 2004 and the 2005... I was thinking we would also get a better buy on a 2004, but being a newbie I was not sure..
Old 09-02-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Kynana,
You should know that some people have posted on some RV forums that, they are having trouble getting Warranty work done on there new RV's. The problem is, that RV Dealers in general are quite different from the Auto industry. If you buy a car from one dealer you can generaly take it to any car dealer that sells that brand for Warranty and service. Not so easy in the RV world. I have read posts from some very unhappy campers. They bought their Rigs. from a Dealer hundreds of miles from their homes to save some Bucks, only to be turned away from the Local Dealers for service and/or Warranty work.
We met some folks this summer that were personally in this situation. The Dealer they purchased from was 800 mi. from there home and they were told by their local Jayco Dealer they were not welcome at His Dealership and He even refused to sell them parts. This Couple were on their way to the Factory to get what should have been minor Dealer Warranty work done.
We weren't aware of this situation in the RV world until recently and after reading and hearing about this we sure were glad we got a good deal locally. Our local Dealer has been terrific taking care of our needs. After telling my Dealer about what I've read and heard he said it's true. He said " we have an obligation to our Customers first". We will take care of people traveling and our Customers, the others might have to wait a long,long,long time, meaning Months.
Something to think about when your shopping for that new Rig.
Wish you Happy Hunting.

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
The dealer should give you the MSRP. Most customers are getting anywhere from 10 to 25percent off of MSRP. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:49 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Kynana,
Welcome to the group. The 3400RL has a retail price of apporx. $58-61,ooo. I have seen them going in the price range of $44,000-47,000. Mine was in the same ball park loaded with every option minus the slide room awnings, hi-gloss fiberglass and second a/c. You have to shop around, but the main thing is that you and only you have to be happy with your deal. Enjoy shopping, we all know how fun it is shopping for a new rv.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 04:17 PM   #7
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
I feel that the dealers that will not do warranty work other than the ones they sell should be posted here on the forum. So every one will know them. If Keystone pays them for the work why should they care. There is a dealer 30 miles from our home, our dealer is 92. He will do anything that he can get parts for. He dose'nt sell Montanas though.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:51 AM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
When we were shopping around for a new Montana we were trying to deal with our local dealer. They got close to the price I was being quoted from another dealer 200 miles away, but then the told me that they would not service my rig if I bought it from someone else. That told me that this dealership is selfish and not consumer friendly. I bought it at the other dealership and am not one bit unhappy about it. I have just waited and made a list of the warranty repairs required and had them done all at once. It did help though that I do have a place to stay at when I took it in for repairs, but even if I did'nt I would not have purchased from the local dealer with an attitude like they had. By the way the dealer I did purchase from was Cousin Gary's in Redding, CA. I asked before making the deal if they do warranty work on Montanas that are bought out of the area and their answer was YES. I did not take the salesmans answer for that so I called the service department and their answer to the question was also YES, would I like to set an appointment for the next week? Now that tells me they are customer friendly.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:50 AM   #9
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
I believe our Dealer would also take care of someone who bought from another Dealer to get a better price, but I'm still glad they put their own customers first. They are a small Dealer with limited resorces. I think I'd be more up-set with a Dealer I purchased from who just threw me into the mix with no regard for their own customers first. That may cause long waits for folks like us who purchased from them, and they could be crossed of my list when it came time to buy again.
I'm not trying to justify the actions of these Dealers but I can see their point.
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #10
Montana_2034

M.O.C. #2034
Hello and Thanks for the replys. We looked at a Montana 3295RK and fell in love with that model yesterday! It just has tons of storage and I think a wonderful floor plan. I am now wondering if anyone has any comments, advice, ect on that model??? I am now searching the internet, and contacting dealers to find our best price. I have also received a quote from Meyers RV for a loaded 3295RK that is good and he told us to call before we make a purchase as he can do better. Have you guys had any deals with Meyers RV Superstore???
We have a local dealor who has given us a Base Retail Price of 38,515 then with options, not loaded, no fireplace or central vac just standard stuff.. of $48,139. Even with our trade in it appears high for what reasearch I have done. She has not given us an out the door price.I will ask for that next week. We are waiting for other quotes from dealers I have contacted. Any advice or suggestions??? Thanks
Old 09-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Kynana did you by chance misspell the name. I know of a dealer by the name of Beyers RV. If thatis te one send me a private message. Before you committ.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:22 AM   #12
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I don't know much about him yet, but the dealer at Abeline Ks seems to be a straight up sort of a fellow. I told him the price that the dealer in Wichita was asking for a Brokered unit (2004 3295 @$44K) and he told me that he would sell that unit for 35K. Also quoted a price on a brand new 05 equipped the same for $41K.
I am impressed so far... He doesn't seem to be able to keep Montanas on his lot.. He only had two left when we went and looked.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #13
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
I'll bet if you offered $35K for an ordered 05 he would take it. If you have no trade and are not a pain in the but they will drop almost 1/3
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote