Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
biznsa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8999
Winter Skirting

Has anyone had skirting done by Custom Skirting out of SD? They use what's called a "channel lock" system that the skirting slides into for a tight fit. I've looked at others such a EZSnap and Idaho Convas Products. We plan on using our 5th wheel year around in the Houghton Lake, MI area. All replies are welcome.

biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:40 AM   #2
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznsa View Post
Has anyone had skirting done by Custom Skirting out of SD? They use what's called a "channel lock" system that the skirting slides into for a tight fit. I've looked at others such a EZSnap and Idaho Convas Products. We plan on using our 5th wheel year around in the Houghton Lake, MI area. All replies are welcome.
Did you go with Custom Skirting? I'm considering them or RV Skirting (turn buttons' system) out of Colorado.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
biznsa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8999
I haven't done anything yet. We may be replacing our 5th wheel for a destination type RV.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
I understand. I decided to go with RV Skirting and will have installed 8/9.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
biznsa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8999
Please post the results. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
Oh no. we just replaced our 2015 destination trailer (Wildwood Lodge) for another Montana. The 'park' model is really not up to our standards like the Montana is. We did have it for about 2 years though. We should never have sold out other Montana and gotten that. Oh well, some of us learn the hard way. lol
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
had Curt Miller make our skirting in 08 and still use it!! very good quality, had the front fade and degrade and he made me a new one. This has been on during summers and winters, great upgrade for full timers.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #8
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya View Post
had Curt Miller make our skirting in 08 and still use it!! very good quality, had the front fade and degrade and he made me a new one. This has been on during summers and winters, great upgrade for full timers.
That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to having mine made in a couple of weeks and thinking about having him make the bottom 18" rather than the standard 12."
Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #9
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznsa View Post
Please post the results. Thanks!
I arrived at RV Skirting near Peyton, CO, late afternoon, Tue, 8/8. Curt had 30 amp and water onsite. On Wed, he measured and they made the skirting. Thursday, the skirting was installed on my fiver and walk-thru completed. Left this morning and headed back to NW Arkansas.

Overall, I am very pleased. The skirting is extremely well made and the fit is excellent. If I knew how, I'd most some pictures. I'll let you know in the Spring how it performs.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 AM   #10
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
great guy and great product for sure! You will love it!
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #11
Poppa Bear 62
Established Member

M.O.C. #20004
Would anyone care to share any pictures of the skirting on their Montana?? Likes, dislikes, suggestions would also be greatly appreciated!
I have been living in my 2008 Montana for just over the year now and would like to tighten the belly up before cold weather hits.
Poppa Bear 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #12
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa Bear 62 View Post
Would anyone care to share any pictures of the skirting on their Montana?? Likes, dislikes, suggestions would also be greatly appreciated!
I have been living in my 2008 Montana for just over the year now and would like to tighten the belly up before cold weather hits.
Do a Search on "winter skirting" or similar terms. There is plenty of history here of people who have survived winter in a Montana (member Icehouse comes to mind as he lived in AK for years). Below is a sample of the threads out there.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...inter+skirting

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 AM   #13
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa Bear 62 View Post
Another option - Google "RV Skirting" and check out their website.