Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Mike Thompson's RV Super Stores

I would very much like to know if you have bought from this dealer. I talked for quite some time with them at the Pamona Show and before I commit I want to know what others experience with them has been. Have they delivered on their promises? Have they been straight shooters and done anything beyond what you would have expected a dealer to do? How were you treated and how was the delivery, PDI, and most importantly of all the service. Both at delivery and later on?
They are one of the bigger Monatan dealers in this area and I want to see how it has gone for others with them.
If you could respond quickly that would be great because if I am going to work with them I want to do so before the end of the show?
Thanks Bob

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
JMHO Run, run, run.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
I hear their service department leaves a lot to be desired from other MOCers who have been less than pleased. We have been on the lot many, many times. It's funny; I seem to know more about the Montana line than some of their sales people. JMHO also.
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Ok, I am lost. What is JMHO?
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Just my humble opinion.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
We bought our Montana from them at the Pamona show last year. I had received several internet prices from several dealers around the country. When I showed them the lowest price I received they said it was not true and no one could sell a 3400 that low. The bottom line was, after much negotiation they met the price and we took delivery out of state as we are fulltimes and residences of South Dakota. They did try to sell a highly inflated extended warranty that we negotiated down to 1/4th the original amount. The PDI was good and the tech took quite a bit of time with us. They also were very helpful in the out of state delivery, taking the Montana to Sam's Town for us vice giving it to us at Stateline, at no extra cost.

Their downfall is after sale service. They are such a large dealership with a diverse line of RV's and have a large volume of RV's going through their service department. They are really lacking in this area.

If you are looking for a good deal check out prices around the country, then check with them. But be on your toes when dealing with them. I have heard some horror stories from people about changes in their deal when the went to pick up there unit, though we had no problems. Be a well informed buyer when dealing with them and do not let emotions enter in to your dealing with them.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #7
AZCampinfool
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5430
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jretz

We bought our Montana from them at the Pamona show last year. I had received several internet prices from several dealers around the country. When I showed them the lowest price I received they said it was not true and no one could sell a 3400 that low. The bottom line was, after much negotiation they met the price and we took delivery out of state as we are fulltimes and residences of South Dakota. They did try to sell a highly inflated extended warranty that we negotiated down to 1/4th the original amount. The PDI was good and the tech took quite a bit of time with us. They also were very helpful in the out of state delivery, taking the Montana to Sam's Town for us vice giving it to us at Stateline, at no extra cost.

Their downfall is after sale service. They are such a large dealership with a diverse line of RV's and have a large volume of RV's going through their service department. They are really lacking in this area.

If you are looking for a good deal check out prices around the country, then check with them. But be on your toes when dealing with them. I have heard some horror stories from people about changes in their deal when the went to pick up there unit, though we had no problems. Be a well informed buyer when dealing with them and do not let emotions enter in to your dealing with them.
This was my exact experience with them. Since I live in AZ I knew I wouldn't use them for service so I didn't let the horror stories sway me from the deal. I saved over 6K from my local dealers price. All I had to do was drive over and finalize the deal. They did everything as promised with no funny business. I would buy from them again.
AZCampinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
I had purchased our unit from them in July of 2002 a 2003 model that we bought at the Pomona show. It came from the store in Santa Fe Springs and the service there was two steps below poor. Since that time and because we live in Huntington Beach I have used the store in Fountain Valley for service and I could not be more satisfied with our transactions. It just shows you that the service personnel can be very good or very bad. It just depends, speaking of depends I just turned 70 see you in Arizona for the Rally.
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We purchased our Monty from MT RV and we were treated very well, they put every option they could on our 2004 2980RL and they had to order it from the factory, except for two items, 1. the fire place, and 2. the hide a bed, would I get another RV from them? Yes. this is our second RV from them.
There service department have a lot to learn about customer service, care and treatment of your RV when being repaired, they have a bunch of slobs that dont clean up after them selves, they got oil on the rug, they think a washing is pouring water on the trailer. I could go on and on but wont they did fix what they messed up but it involved my time and inconvience of letting them have it to clean up there sloppyness.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
party of 5
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1764
We bought ours from the Dealer in Santa Fe Springs. They had the best price of any dealer in CA. I would pay more to buiy somewhere else next time. They say you get what you pay for. It had to be the worst epxerience buying anything. I would stay as far away from these guys as I can. Their service department was not any better. Buyers beware.
party of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
MichaelnCindy

M.O.C. #7644
Send a message via AIM to MichaelnCindy
We bought our 3400RL from MT in Colton, Ca. It was a pleasant buying experience. We believe that we got a very good price with little haggling. We had 2 salespeople and both were nice and knew about the Montana rig's. I have had my rig in for service twice and both times the rep called me just to let me know what was going on. The last service they quoted me 10 days to complete, but only took 6. We would buy from them again!!!!
MichaelnCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Dee
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6426
We bought a 2000 Alpha from them back in 2000 the walkthrough was a joke as was any service after the sale.
When we decided to trade it in on a 2007 Montana I got prices from my local Dealer then called MT his phone estimate was over $5000 cheaper. I told them of the experience I had with the Alpha purchase
and said if it is not any better I would go elswhere!
The day I was to pick up the trailer it was ready and sparkling in the sun. The gentleman who did the walkthrough was good and he knew Montana's We did discover a small hole in the awning, MT later sent me a new awning. So I would have to say they are better than they used to be in my case anyhow!
But about a month ago The Quest DVD player took a dump, and I called MT and they said send the old one and they will send a new one. I did almost a month ago, and have not seen the new one yet.
However after three calls I was told yes indeed we found yours and it will be shipped today! Sound familar!?? At first they said they had no record of receiving mine, so when I gave them the tracking #
and who had signed for it, they finally said they would ship mine.
We will see.
I think the first poster to this thread said it best
Run Run like the wind!
Dee
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dee

We bought a 2000 Alpha from them back in 2000 the walkthrough was a joke as was any service after the sale.
When we decided to trade it in on a 2007 Montana I got prices from my local Dealer then called MT his phone estimate was over $5000 cheaper. I told them of the experience I had with the Alpha purchase
and said if it is not any better I would go elswhere!
The day I was to pick up the trailer it was ready and sparkling in the sun. The gentleman who did the walkthrough was good and he knew Montana's We did discover a small hole in the awning, MT later sent me a new awning. So I would have to say they are better than they used to be in my case anyhow!
But about a month ago The Quest DVD player took a dump, and I called MT and they said send the old one and they will send a new one. I did almost a month ago, and have not seen the new one yet.
However after three calls I was told yes indeed we found yours and it will be shipped today! Sound familar!?? At first they said they had no record of receiving mine, so when I gave them the tracking #
and who had signed for it, they finally said they would ship mine.
We will see.
I think the first poster to this thread said it best
Run Run like the wind!
Dee
Sounds like the service department not sales to me.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #14
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
I just bought a 2008 3400RL from them last Thursday at the Pomona Show. The salesman was very good and really knew what he was talking about,I was also introduced to Charles Wade a big honch from the Montana line.
Iam keeping my fingers cross,I've known MT RV for years and don't expect alot out of the service department but the price was too good to turn down.
Hi Michael and Cindy!

Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #15
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Like I said Good purchase price, Poor Service. Just keep on them, when we picked up our Montana from them they tryed to hurry the PDI but I slowed them down and checked it all out with my check lists. We I started to do that they slowed down and were very helpful. Just let them know you are the buyer and you are incharge of the purchase.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:33 AM   #16
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
We agree with others here. We bought ours at MT RV in Colton last April. The sales staff are VERY friendly and our sales guy gave us his cell phone number if we had questions or concerns. Boy howdy, did we ever use his cell number! They did try to sell us the expensive warranty service, but we were able get the price reduced. We had a trade in and we all know how that goes! Stupid on our part, but we did not want to go through the private sale routine on our old trailer. All in all we are happy with the sale and the price we paid for our Monty.

They delivered when they said they would. The PDI went well, we had all our questions and check sheet ready and we asked many questions. The tech was helpful and after 2 hours, we were more then happy to be on our way with our new Monty!

Now for the service dept...a lot to be left desired. True to form, they would look for every shortcut and way to get out of repairing things we found wrong. "oh that's normal" was the excuse...they faced the wrath of Sue and eventually everything was taken care of. You have to keep on top of it.

I think we would go back to them in the future. The service department is a cut above the last RV dealer we had!

Good luck and hope you find/found the best deal and dealer!

Sue & Harv
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #17
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
July of '03, purchased a Monty from their store in Fountain Valley. good price, good initial Servic. Took it to Santa Fe Springs for some warranty work about 6 months later...horror story. Swore "Never Again".

Back in the S. Calif area. Some work to be done, and I was near Fountain Valley. Whole dofferent story there. Good work, on time, price as advertised. I wrote them a note saying so.

So, IMHO, Fountain Valley for Service...probably OK...Santa Fe Springs? I still stick to my "Never Again".

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote