Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
Dee
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6426
Replacing Quest Home Theater

Hi All
A week or so ago I posted that I was going to replace the
Quest DVD player, I had a couple responses from folks who had
replaced their's. I bought a Sony Home theater but am going to return it as it has no provision for sending the sound up to the
bedrm. also it is a six speaker system and the quest is a seven so just plugging in the existing speakers is not going to fly?
So I am returning it, and hopefully one or more of you nice folks will tell me what make model you used to replace the quest?
Sorry to ask again, I could not get the search to work?
Thanks in advance
Dee

Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I bought an RCA 5.1 receiver. Any 5.1 or surround receiver would work. The bedroom speaker wires are just attached with one set to the center channel and the other set to either the left or right front speaker terminals. You can use the 7.1 receiver as well doing the same thing. You really don't need the rear center speaker anyway.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote