Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Montana_3706

M.O.C. #3706
New to RVing from Michigan

Hello from Michigan- My wife and I just purchased a 297 RKS Mountaineer Fifth Wheel. We love the Layout! We have one child named Aidan who is 2.5 yrs. We have always tent camped before and decided it was time to upgrade. We pull it with my F250 SD truck we purchased new in 99. We really want to get out and enjoy the wilderness that is out there. My wife , Mary, loves the outdoors along with Me, Rob. I enjoy Fly fishing, though I have not gone in a while, woodworking adn gardening/flowers in my yard. Mary enjoys Scrapbooking and crafts of all sorts. We have ambitions of seeing all of the sites in the midwest pulling our Fifth Wheel. Our biggest ambition is to head to the Grand Canyon and camp out there a while.

More about us, we are in our early 30's with jsut one child and a dog (Copper). Born and Raised in Northern Michigan, so we love the outdoors and the natural beuty nature has to offer. We live in the Country on about 4 acres with a few neighbors in the area.

We look forward to meeting new folks RVing. Thanks for reading about us, now how about little about you?

Montana_3706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
First of all, welcome to MOC! I think that if you want to easily know more about any of us, you can always click on our names and that will take you to our profiles. You can also learn quite a bit about our units and tow vehicles in our signatures, where some of us also have pictures. There are many good people here, and perhaps you will even have the chance to meet some of them in person sooner or later!

That said, I am 42 and Marsha is 38. We are both public school teachers just outside of Athens, Georgia, home of the University of Georgia, with one son and two lazy cats. My parents took me camping for the first time when I was three months old, and I took Marsha for the first time in the early 90s, though she truly caught the fever when we bought our Coleman pop up in 1994, followed by a 28' Prowler in 1998. We bought our Montana two months ago, so we are still new to the size of these 5ers, though growing more accustomed to them all of the time!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Welcome Rob and Mary! How wonderful that you'll not only get to have a good time with your new Mountaineer, but you'll be introducing your son to the great outdoors and good, old-fashioned family fun at the same time! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Rob and Mary, Welcome to the MOC and congratulations on your new mountaineer. We are so glad that you have joined us here and look forward to hearing about all your great adventures.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Rob and Mary! I bet you'll love that Mountaineer. They're beautiful rigs.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Rob & Mary,
You ar lucky to have some great camping adventures right in your back yard. We are leaving AZ for points east tomorrow. We will be in Michigan for June and part of July. Last year, we spent five weeks on Drummond Island as well as visits to Traverse City, Ludington, Head Waters, and Pinconing. Also, a lot of time in and around Lansing where Vikki's relatives chose to live.

There certainly is a lot of country to explore and the fiver is a great way to go. Enjoy.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome you two. Dianna and I also came out of the backpacking and tent camping milieu. The big difference is that you have a 30 year head start on our shift. We are soon to use our Montana as our rolling and only estate. We are excited for you and the family life potential you have ahead of you. We will look forward to hearing of your great adventures.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Mountaineer. It's good to see younger people getting an early start on seeing this great country of ours. We're both retired, acquired our Montana in September, and intend to see as much as we can while we are still able. Safe travels - I'm sure you have many great adventures ahead.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #9
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Sunshine! And what a great "user" name - creates good feelings just like you must feel in your new Mountaineer! Congratulations! Many happy trails to you ......
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing a little bit of your family. Great to see young people entering the high end of camping.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #11
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Hello rtowne72

Welcome to the MOC forumn from another Michigander. Check out the Great Lakes Rally thread. It's not to far and would be great if you could attend this September.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:20 AM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome Rob and Mary to the MOC. You have a lot going for you keep up the good job. Happy Camping.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:30 AM   #13
Bear Hunter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2464
Welcome Rob and Mary
Bet you got your Mountaineer from Burnside. Lola and I are from Lewiston. I'm retired but Lola is a RN at Grayling Mercy in the ER. Been RV'ers for the past 35 years. Our boys grew up camping, most of which was wilderness camping. Good luck with your new RV and hope to see you on the road.

SEMPER FI
Bear Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:42 AM   #14
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Welcome from another Mich- RV'er, we are in Lake City, not to far from you. Maybe we could do a Northern Mich, get together!! Our kids are all grown and we have teenage grandkids, all like to camp with grandpa and grandma!!! Have a great summer camping!!
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:34 PM   #15
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Hi and Welcome! You will find alot of info here on just about everything! Congratulations on your new 297 RKS Mountaineer! We started our children out when they were very young camping and they just loved it. Happy Camping!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote