Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
Montana_2547
Established Member

M.O.C. #2547
New owners

Just traded a 2003 other brand that was nothing but problems for a 2003 Montana 3255RL. Took it out for a short trip for a shakedown and was very happy with the quality of this coach. On my way home we met another Montana owner headed in the opposite direction. He flashed his lights & I returned. I feel so good about our decision to buy the Montana. We just love it. We live in south Louisiana, close to New Orleans. Just bought a 2004 2500 HD diesel crew cab (9,700 miles now), replaced the tiny tank with a Transfer Flow 45. I'm happy and ready to hit the road full time when we retire. Now all I have to do is convince my wife. Two new grand-daughters are not helping my case.

Glad to be here and more glad to own a Montana. It was one of 3 makes I had narrowed down to. The time & place & price pushed me in the Montana and we're very pleased. I think I said that already.

Montana_2547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:14 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all Welcome to the MOC.

Glad to hear about your aquiring an 03 3255RL and got rid of that "other brand". I am sure you will grow to luv that Montana more and more as the time goes by. I also know you will be loving your 2500HD D/A just as much. I currently have an issue to settle with GM but all in all I do luv my 2500HD D/A and I am sure Chevy won't let me down.

You know of all the reasons I have heard from folks not going Fulltime "the grandchildren" are the most frequent. Some don't want to part with their stick house or their treasured possessions but it's "the grandchildren" that hold most wannabees back. I was fortunate in that my grandson and granddaughter are both in their 20's and have no intention of making us great grandparents for sometime to come.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by masonsand

Just bought a 2004 2500 HD diesel crew cab (9,700 miles now), replaced the tiny tank with a Transfer Flow 45.
Welcome, and glad to hear that you are happy with your 3255RL. We are on our second Montana, and our first was a 3255RL that we enjoyed a lot.

I am somewhat interested in your "tiny tank" upgrade, because we also tow with a 2500HD Duramax CC SB. Can you provide more details of how that upgrade was accomplished?

Thanks. (At present we are in Gulf Shores, AL, not too far from where you are in LA).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:19 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the MOC Forum. Hurrah for your successful shakedown. Look forward to hearing of you future great adventures.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #5
Montana_2547
Established Member

M.O.C. #2547
Transfer flow is a well known company that mfgs aftermarket tanks. Either as replacement tanks or additional tanks that fit in the bed of your truck. I chose the 45 gal. replacement tank. Have a friend who is good with cars. We popped out the old and put in the new. The new tank is steel and weighs in at 150 lbs. You can't do it by yourself. Even if 150 lbs isn't heavy for you, it's hard to get leverage on it laying on your back. Just go to www.transferflow.com. They also advertise in Trailer Life Magazine and most all other RVing publications.

I'm very surprised you are in Gulf Shores. The state park there is one of our very favorite places to stay and it was ruined by Hurricane Ivan. You must be at Gulf Breeze RV Resort just across from the Woodlands Golf Course.

Hope this will point you in the right direction. By the way...I was most pleased at how well my Duramax pulled the 3255RL. It is some 2000 lbs. heavier than what we traded and I can't tell the difference. The Montana actually tows better than the Gulfstream product we traded. Never another Gulfstream.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 AM   #6
Montana_2547
Established Member

M.O.C. #2547
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

[
Thanks. (At present we are in Gulf Shores, AL, not too far from where you are in LA).
I'm eager to know where in Gulf Shores one can still park an RV!! It's one of our favorite places to go. I called the state park there recently and they told me they hope to have 100 sites operable after the first of the year. Ivan wiped them out. They had almost 500 sites before the hurricane.

Also, I read your post in another forum concerning the price of diesel. At our Wal Mart in Luling, LA we went to $1.92 yesterday + a .03/gal discount using a WM giftcard. So 1.89. That happened after I filled up @ 1.97 the day before. Thank goodness it's dropping. I hope it lasts.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:36 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Sandy and Susan and congratulations! We're glad to have you here.

As for the flashing of lights, members of this board flash lights twice at other Montanas. Check out the forum on MOC titled something like "was that you". Sometimes we post there that we flashed lights and got a reply. Occasionally the other owner comes back with 'that was me'. It doesn't happen often but is pretty cool when you find out who it was. You might check it to see if the other person posted. If not, you might want to post there to see if it was another member.

Again, welcome aboard and thanks for telling us a bit about yourselves. Hope to see you on the road or at a rally one of these days. Who knows, the next one you blink at might be us!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new MONTANA..
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:00 PM   #9
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Welcome! Hope to see you down the road sometime.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:20 AM   #10
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome to the forum & congratulations on new Montana. We arrived in So Tx on Dec. 9th. the weather is really good. Been in mid to high eighties the last 3 days. Not as good today. but still warmer thn Ky.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #11
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the forum, excellent choice of rv and truck. I am sure you will totally love your new Montana. Happy rving and stay safe.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Congratulations on your 2003 Montana. Very pleased to read how happy you are with it.

In all our travels, which are not great but we've put at least 10K miles on our 2003, we've never had anyone flash back to us or first.

We also have the same truck as you do but older. We love it.

I think you've made a very good choice and sure you'll find many years of pleasure ahead of you with your Montana.

Oh yea, welcome to the Montana Owner's Club too.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote