Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #101
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

[...]
Eric, one of the techs at the Keystone Service Center told me part of the problem (maybe all of it as far as I know) was that there was no wood in the hollow overhang frame for the screws to bite into and hold onto. He also said the newer ones have that wood but I have not tried to confirm that.
Steve, there was no evidence that any of our original screws had pulled through. The welds broke, plain and simple. Perhaps they might eventually do so after the weld fix without the extra wood?

Eric

Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #102
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Update:

I won't be visiting Collier RV tomorrow (Wed.) morning. They haven't started working on it yet

I'm trying to get there while the nose cap is off. I'll check with Pete at COB Wed. and see where things are at. It is too far out-of-my-way to go there if there isn't anything new to see.

Eric
Old 08-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #103
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Update:

I won't be visiting Collier RV tomorrow (Thursday) morning. They haven't started working on it yet

Must....Remain....Cool....And...Calm.........
Old 08-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #104
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Hi All,

Finally escaped Goshen with most of the repairs done satisfactorily as far as we know--haven't towed it even 200 miles. First problem was finding the place---emailed three times for directions, but no answer. After driving around a half hr., located the main office and got directions. Set up at the Elkhart Fairgrounds which is handy, but they have 100 trains which go by about 200yds away--mostly at night! Invited the service mgr and service write out to see the problems while we were set up. They came out, but the service mgr. wouldn't come inside where most of the damage was done.
They were going to mark the problem areas with red tape, but didn't. But they forgot their red tape, so I maked everything with a note taped in place with the red tape. Even at that and several lists (48 items beside the wall/frame issues), they managed to miss a couple of items.

Took it to the repair shop bright and early 8/8. There was a group of rigs coming in, but since they had seen us and had our lists, just had to fill out some paperwork and were gone. If you don't know it, Keystone doesn't make the frames. They are subcontracted to another mfgr. Our problem beside the "flex" situations was the failure of the outriggers which hold the sidewalls in place. These were beefed up and the walls realigned. The damage inside was fixed OK. A few things didn't make us too happy, like putting in a seam in the replacement wall where none existed before and making the screendoor not work at all. They had it done 8/11 in the am which was good since we were being evicted from the animal friendly motel--it was booked. They real kicker was that they had to replace the countertop and had known that since late May and it wasn't ready, so we had to stay a little longer. Then when they replaced the countertop, they installed one of the support post upside down!

All in all, they were attentive and concerned. They did about the level of work that we thought they would---better than a dealership because of their knowledge and desire to make you happy---still not quite 100%. We'll give them a B plus.

Take them donuts--that makes them happy. Have to sign off since I am running out of computer time. First time I have ever had to pay to us a public library computer---$4.00 for one hr only.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:55 PM   #105
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Update:

I WILL be visiting Collier RV tomorrow (Friday) morning. They finally started working on it!!

Eric
Old 08-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #106
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Well, they tell me I can stop by Saturday morning and pick our toy up!!

I was there this morning and the repair is VERY beefy. I don't have any worries about it falling apart. I'm very interested to see what the factory is currently doing for new units.

Eric