Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Crack in Rear Galley Tank

Had the rig in to the dealer for over a week now and they diagnosed the leak in the rear galley tank area as a small crack in the tank where the dump pipe is attached to the tank. Also have a broken ladder. The extended warranty rep was there doing his assessment with the dealer today and hopefully they will get the parts and have it repaired in the next couple of weeks. That will work out perfectly since we will get back from Yellowstone at the end of the month, then a little surgery for me and the beach by mid October.

tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Tim, could you elaborate on the broken ladder. I use mine quite a bit and it seems to be a little loose on the bottom but not able to tighten. Does this sound familiar? Or is yours something else????

Thanks
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
exav8tr: The ladder steps on my 05 2955 became loose because the nylon/plastic inserts started breaking and would not tighten. I sent some pics to Atwood and they sent me enought inserts to replace all mine at no cost.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Tim, could you elaborate on the broken ladder. I use mine quite a bit and it seems to be a little loose on the bottom but not able to tighten. Does this sound familiar? Or is yours something else????

Thanks
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
exav8tr: Visualize the bottom step on the ladder looking completely normal and then pulling down and the step separating, snapped on both sides, inside the step portion itself. I didn't back into anything and don't recall dropping the rear low enough for it to scrape the ground. No screws were loose in the ladder itself. I'll see if I can come up with a photo as well and post here later. Tim

Hope I reduced this enough. If not, let me know please.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Snowbirds, that what mine is doing, I guess I need to make some calls...where do the bolts terminate? Do I just unscrew, replace the inserts, then screw them back in? Tim, That's not good, hope you get it fixed properly.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #6
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
exav8tr:The dealer is working the issue and I hope the extended warranty covers both issues. It should, but one never knows. I drop by the dealer's shop every couple of days to keep them focused.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
It looks like the ladder is broken at a splice in the ladder, the break is the some on both sides? Could the ladder be spliced together at that ladder rung?
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote