Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Time to hit the road

Well we will be hitting the road this Sept 9th and will be arriving is Siskiyou RV Park on the 10th and departing on the 13th AM, we will be in spot # 328 then we head to Florance OR. and will be at Woahink Lake RV Resort site # 56 for 14 days and head back down the coast to Siskiyou for a couple more days. if in the area stop by for a cold one.
Who finds the name for some of these parks Siskiyou was hard enugh for me to learn and much less spell, now I have Woahink which I can spell now now I have to learn how to pronounce it. Woa---hink???

Old 08-17-2007, 03:23 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Don and Georgia,

We, too, are headed for the Oregon Coast. We hope to leave Bakersfield by the middle of next week. Hopefully we will be able to hook up somewhere along the road. We definitely will be staying in the Florence area. So we will also keep a few "cold" ones at the ready! Have a great trip and looking forward to seeing you folks again.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Greetings Dennis, Mary Kay, Don, and Georgia!

It sounds like many of us will be experiencing the Oregon Coast next month. We along with Pam and Ray (RPHOWARD) and their Montana owning friends from Montana will be in Winchester Bay (20 miles South of Florence) starting the 3rd. On the 17th we will move to Fort Stephens for a week and then on to Washington.

We usually visit Florence (the closest "big" town) a few times during out stays, so we will have to plan on meeting up.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Hi Carl, do you know of any down to earth eating places in Florance where most of the locals go, you know that greasy spoon that has the great cook.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hey! It's looking like a mini MOC Rally on the OR coast! Carl and Susan good to hear from you and hope to meet you somewhere on the OR coast in the very near future.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 08-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Hi Carl, do you know of any down to earth eating places in Florance where most of the locals go, you know that greasy spoon that has the great cook.
Don:
I haven't stayed in Florence for many years, so I am not too up on the local restaurants. But we do usually have Lunch when we are there. A lot of people seem to like Mo's (the Denny's of seafood IMHO), but they exist up and down the coast. We usually can't get past Hickory 9th St BBQ Grill to try some of the other places. It is located at the intersection of 9th (hence the name), Hwy-101, and Hwy-126 (West to Eugene). Go East (like 1 block) from Hwy-101 to 9th and Oak.

The same people have a fish place in an old converted gas station (not a lot of ambiance, but great eats) a couple of blocks further up Hwy-101. I think the name is Seafood Station, but I do recall it is on the right (West side of the road) between 10th and 12th.

I am sure there are other great places to eat in Florence, but I just haven't spent a lot of time there. The waterfront area appears to have a number of restaurants (besides Mo's), but I haven't tried them. I have eaten at the Pier Point Inn (South of the bridge entering Florence) a few years ago and it wasn't anything special. I know Don and Margee (D and M On The Road) spend time in Florence. Perhaps they will wander by and have something to contribute.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 AM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Carl and Sue and Ray and Pam,

It was great getting to meet up with you folks. Too bad you don't have a nice camping place. Thanks for inviting us to dinner and sorry we couldn't stay. I will say that you folks have your camping down to a fine art! It actually seemed more like a mini family reunion than just camping. It was nice meeting your new friends as well. I hope they will join MOC. Keep working on them.
The birthday celebration dinner out at Charleston was great. Thanks for inviting us.

Travel safely and give Dick and Toni a big hug for us. I know you will enjoy their place. Are you guys taking the ferry across or are you driving around? We took the ferry. By the time you factor in the cost of fuel it is probably a wash.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 09-20-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I know I am late responding for this, but for the future....

Morgan's Country Kitchen
85020 Highway 101
(541) 997-6991
A great restaurant located about 2 miles south of the Florence bridge.

The Blue Hen
1675 Highway 101
(541) 997-3907
Another great restaurant with home cookin'.

BJ's Ice Cream. Located in "Old Town" across from Mo's Restaurant. (Try the Oregon Trail flavor)

And of course, Mo's Restaurant.

I sure to envy you folks who are visiting Florence. If you get the chance, cruise thru Jesse M. Honeyman campground. The "old section" is the best. But they have a wonderful lake bordered on one side by sand dunes, a swimming beach and bike trails in the park.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Carl and Sue and Ray and Pam,

It was great getting to meet up with you folks. Too bad you don't have a nice camping place. Thanks for inviting us to dinner and sorry we couldn't stay. I will say that you folks have your camping down to a fine art! It actually seemed more like a mini family reunion than just camping. It was nice meeting your new friends as well. I hope they will join MOC. Keep working on them.
The birthday celebration dinner out at Charleston was great. Thanks for inviting us.

Travel safely and give Dick and Toni a big hug for us. I know you will enjoy their place. Are you guys taking the ferry across or are you driving around? We took the ferry. By the time you factor in the cost of fuel it is probably a wash.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Sorry to be so late responding, I finally got an Internet connection tonight. We too enjoyed your visit and the following dinner. Rachael Ray has good taste in restaurants!

We are taking the land route to Dick & Toni's. Pam and Ray are still in Astoria and we are in Seattle. We will meet up next week on I-5 and motor off to Deeming. We haven't decided where (or how) to go next. But I think you are right, the cost of the ferry (steep) equals out to the cost of driving "around the horn" given the current price of fuel in WA.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,

We looked and looked trying to find the Blue Hen! Never did find her. She must have been in the chicken coop! We had a find day in the Florence area. It sure is growing.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 09-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #11
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Dennis... it's on Hiway 101 between 16th & 17th. Going north, it would be on your left side.

Hopefully this helps.

Margee.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Thank you Margee,

I suspect that we're just getting "old"! We drove by that area at least twice and both times we looked very carefully. We had read and heard that it was a good place to eat. We will put it on our list of "must do" for our next outing up this direction. Thank you for your directions that certainly narrows it down for us.

Dennis and Mary Kay