Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #1
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Bar Harbor Maine

We are spending the week in one of our favorite spots on the East Coast......
Acadia National Park. Leaving on the 18th of August.
We are at Hadley Point Campground so if your in the area and would like to meet for a cup of coffee let us know via PM or posting. We hope to log on daily. BTW....Hadley Point CG is ok but I don't think I would make it a recommended stop. Very tight sites for awnings and slide outs.

Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Strange, but we stayed at Hadley Point last Fall and didn't find the sites that close. We were in the full hookup area. Next time we will be in the area of only E/W as they were bigger sites and we could have easily dumped when we left.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
To be fair, there are some bigger sites than the area we are located in. We are in Area A which is right at the entrance to the campground and we need to be very friendly with our neighbors as it is quite tight. One of neighbors in a motorhome left yesterday because he didn't like how tight it is in this area of the campground. Otherwise the folks that run the place are exceptionally nice and there is nothing else wrong with the place. There is a free shuttle bus that comes around about every half hour or so which will take you to the visitors center or downtown. At the visitors center you can catch other buses to go through the park or almost anywhere else around here. You can jump on and off whenever you want. Very convenient and best of all free thanks to LL Bean.
Pete
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
Pete
We just left Acadia Tuesday. We usually stay at Hadleys but stayed at Smugglers Den in South West Harbor. It's much nicer, although smaller. But sites are larger for the most part. Many Locals use it.

When at Hadleys we stay in D Field. Area A is to close and busy. Of course there is no sewer in D Field. We may go to Hadleys on Labor Day. But I am also thinking about Popham Beach area.

Try the quiet side next time.

Chip

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We shuld be in Bar Harbor on Sunday. We don't know where yet but will PM you if we get there in time.

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
On your way back south you can thank LL Bean by visiting their store in Freeport. I would recommend the Freeport/Durham KOA. It's about 160 miles south of you after you travel your x number of miles to get to the freeway.

LL Bean (Freeport) is about 6 1/2 miles from the CG. Lots of nice shops for the ladies in Freeport.

As you come out of the LL Bean onto the main street, turn left and walk to the read light. Across the street will be a restaurant with a buffet. Not a large buffet, but the food is outstanding as far as we were concerned, and for the quality, priced right.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 AM   #7
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Thanks Wayne. We were at LL Bean about two weeks ago and ended up buying too many things like usual. We both were born and raised in New England so LL Bean is still our go to place for sport wear and camping accessories. We like the Kittery Trading Post as well but we are kind of loyal to LL Bean. When outside of New England the Cabellos chain is great to visit and shop at. We will probably take the slow way home down Route 1 along the coast so who knows, we may stop in Freeport again.

Bill and Ellen, we know you'll have a good time here in Bar Harbor so let us know if you get here on Sunday. We have a sunset horse and wagon ride reserved for Sunday evening so I'm not sure whether we will be getting a chance to check for a PM or not. I will send you our cell phone number by PM so you can reach out to us if you would like to reach us.

Pete
Old 08-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pete, we agree with you about that being a gorgeous place. We enjoyed our month near Acadia NP tremendously and hope to go back some day.

We also enjoyed meeting you and Karen when we were in the Boston area. Please give Karen a hug for us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:44 AM   #9
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Thanks Steve, will do. Make sure you let us know if your in the area again sometime.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We will be in a couple of weeks but will be clear down at Mansfield this time. Is that quite a ways from you?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
You are all making me (Nancy) homesick for New England where I grew up! We have not been back for several years and look forward to going in the Montana someday sooner than later. I spent many summers in the Kittery, Maine area and north in Hiram where I still have cousins, but my love is Cape Cod off season, a delightful place to be when the tourists have gone and where I met Roy in 1964. If any of you are traveling in that area, fall on the Cape is a good time to visit.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #12
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Steve, Mansfield is about an hour and a half from us so keep us up to date on your travels. September is usually a pretty busy month for us but if there is an opportunity to meet over a cup of coffee or something that would be great.

Nancy, I agree with you about the Cape during the off season. We camp in Truro once a year (usually in July) to see cousins that come up from Virginia but even that is not too bad. Biking through the sand dunes, golfing at Highland Light, and spending time at the beach are all favorite activities.