Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Has anyone noted the new Montana floorplan?

When I was on the Keystone web site looking at the specs for the 2007 Montana's, I noted what I believe is a new floorplan - #3485SA listed with its specs but there isn't actually a link to click on to view the floorplan yet. However, by doing a Google search, I was able to see some photos of what it looks like at least at: http://www.rvusa.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=325643

I haven't actually been able locate the floorplan yet (I will keep on searching). It says it is a 2007 but I haven't seen it listed until recently on the Keystone site.

Just thought some of you might like to see this if you weren't already aware of it.

Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sandy & John,

I don't think it's a computer problem. I can't get any graphics from the 07 brochure on the keystone webpage, nor can I see the floorplan in your link. I'm anxious to see what they have done for the 07 though. Should be ready by November.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Link worked for me.

Secrete is out, that is the newest floor plan, we were sworn to secrecy at the Rally, but tain't no secret now, is it??

This has a side entrance to the bedroom/bathroom area. The bathroom is ALL in one, no seperate potty room, you go in one door, and toilet, sink and shower are all in there.

This will surely appeal to some, and not to others.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:14 AM   #4
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Whoops, did I let the cat out of the bag? LOL I guess not if they are selling it at RV dealers already.

Did you note that it says this comes with a 26" LCD TV (but apparently not the bedroom TV)??? I also noted it says it has an oak front fridge but the photos show the new black front.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Brad & Dory, I edited the original link I had when I found more photos with the other link I found and changed it to.

Mrs. CountryGuy, since you were one of the very few that apparently has seen this first hand (lucky you) , what was your opinion on this new floorplan??? Any real pros/cons??? Obviously, I noted the smaller kitchen/counter top area that is in some of the models. With what appears to be a smaller kitchen, and this being a 38'4" model, does this give you 1-2 more feet in the living room area than in some of the other floorplans???

The link says it has four slides. Is one the kitchen? I see the dinette & sofa slide, assume the bedroom slide of course, and the desk & TV/fireplace area slide. Wish I could find the floorplan to view it.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
This has the same entertainment/desk area as the 3400. Did you notice the door at the side of the LCD TV. They are getting smarter!
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Yes, noted your exceptions. You are correct on all. If you look at the photo of the front room TV, you will see a small door on the side of the cabinet, believe this is for storage of CD's, DVD's, or tapes??? Kinda a neat use of the room back there.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Sue, I DID note that door! You all are teaching them!!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:37 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Yes, noted your exceptions. You are correct on all. If you look at the photo of the front room TV, you will see a small door on the side of the cabinet, believe this is for storage of CD's, DVD's, or tapes??? Kinda a neat use of the room back there.

ON EDIT: As I said in first post, some will love this bathroom layout, others will not. Al and I fall into the FOR SURE NOT! Sorry, don't intend to offend, but, since you asked!

I cannot remember the slide count, yes we saw it, but once we saw the bath layout, we split, as we had no interest in it from that point on. Again, sorry. There are 2 slides in the living area, one for the desk/entertainment center and one for the coach/dining table, another slide in the bedroom. The 4th, if there is one, would have to be the kitcen. Seeing that there are some errors in the listing, like the frig thingy, maybe there is an error on the number of slides????

I will also tell you that there are some new colors for walls, cabinets and counter tops. But, they do that every year, so I am not snitching! HA HA
Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We liked the new floorplan when we saw it in Goshen. The drawback for us was not the separate bathroom, but the fact that since it is a side aisle to the bedroom there is no recessed top step into the coach and we like that feature. Other than that, we thought it was a good plan and they have listened to their customers and made some good changes.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #11
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Mrs. CountryGuy, do you like the other bathroom style because there is more room to move around? I thought that having the shower and sink separate from the potty would be nice so two people could be doing their thing, whether it was using the potty, brushing teeth, showering, or fixing hair, etc., with the floorplans that have the toilet, sink and shower separate. Is that the same thing you were looking at?

I could see the advantage of the whole enclosed bathroom layout if you had kids with you and/or people stay with you more often and/or you disturbed your spouse by showering when they are trying to sleep perhaps.

We all have our own reasons for choosing a floorplan - to suit our own personal needs - and that is why it is so nice to have different floorplans to choose from.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #12
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Ok Sunshine, let me ask a stupid question - what is the advantage of having/not having that recessed step? We have never owned a fifth-wheel and inquiring minds need to know.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We've found it safer/more comfortable than stepping directly from the interior to the top of the entry stairs. We notice the difference when we go looking at RV shows. It seems like it's a higher transition from the inside of the coach to the top of the outside stairs without that inside step. One of those sort of "intangible" preferences.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #14
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
I can totally understand/relate now! Thank you for pointing that out. I would have never even thought of that and I agree with you. For us, we would like that recessed step as well for the same reasons you mentioned now that you brought it to our attention. Thank you!

I just love this forum! I can learn so much from you all so hopefully we will be looking at and making the right choices we will be most happy with when we get to the point of making our purchase.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #15
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Al and I prefer the seperate room for the toilet. One of those personal things, we just feel we have more room and more options. So, if someone has to go, and the other one is in the shower, well, it works quite well for us with the seperate potty (noting that Carol does NOT close that potty room door all the way, nope!!! )

Plus for us, the side entrance to the upstairs is claustophobic. For whatever reason, the center aisle feels more open, yes, you can see into the bedroom and some may not want to be able to see into the bedroom. In less than 400 square feet, we feel anything that can add to openess is a good thing. As much as I love my desk/kitchen in the 3295, it does feel a bit more cluttered than some of the units with the great open floor plans, like the ever popular 3400. That is something that we had to make a compromise on. But, closing off the bedroom area like the new 3485 is not a compromise we could live with. Remember, this is all subjective, each family has their own qualifiers, own comfort levels, what makes us jittery or not. Many others here at MOC are perfectly happy with the desk right beside the telie, and as ya all know by now, ole Carol is NOT happy with that choice.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Pretty cool plan. So, I take it that the toilet is behind the bathroom door? I like the way that door opens "in". I can't see where the 4th slide out would be, maybe a typo?
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We've had a unit with the shower and toilet in the same little room. Remembering that this is still in the bedroom area unless someone is a really sound sleeper you could not shower and not wake up the other person. I like having more room to dry off and get dressed than our other unit offered. It is just the two of us however so if more people were with us, I might like the other way. We tend to "honor" each others space and whoever is up there gets complete privacy whether showering, brushing teeth, or using the potty. Considering that most people (I know there are exceptions) are either retired or on vacation when using the Monty, what is the rush?
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #18
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Nice unit. It looks like they took a 3475 and enclosed the bathroom and made a side entrance into the bedroom. The living room, dining area, and the kitchen is the same as a 3475. (with the exception of new cabinets against the front wall). They moved the washer/dryer to below the bedroom tv. That loses four large dresser drawers that the 3475 and3400 has. It was bound to happen. Nu-Wa has been selling the enclosed bathroom layout for years. What you loose from the 3400 and 3475 is the washer/dryer closet near the door, and the large dresser drawers in the bedroom. Guess we will keep our 3475.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Carol,

I'm with you. I don't close the potty door, either.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well now that the 3475RL is gone and the new 3485 has replaced it. I felt there were some nice features in the new coach, but overall I would not purchase that floorplan.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote