Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thank You Moc Family

This family is awesome and I would like to thank everyone for their prayers, good thoughts and emails during our families' recent ordeal. I went to the cardiologist yesterday and she said there is no damage to my heart. As long as I take all the meds and watch diet the chances of another are slim. No restrictions which was great news. She reduced the blood pressure med as mine was really low which is why I was feeling tired.
JD I especially liked your quote from "Farewell to Arms" one of my favorites. I had read all of "Papa's" works probably before I was old enough but I was an avid reader and you run out of material. I loved English Lit because I got a grade and credit for doing something I loved.
When I was a young divorcee and having counseling we used that quote often. Also the theory that there is a positive energy around negative things and if you can grab hold of that energy it will help you get through the rough times. I have tried to use that energy to get through the sorting and throwing away and keeping and sharing with daughters of my Mother's (and many of my Father's also) things. It is a huge job and I know many of you have experienced the same.
Thank You all again.
Happy trails..........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
That is such good news Sue!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
God Bless You Sue! You deserve the best in life. Keep your attitude and all will be right with the world. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
So glad to hear your great news!! Continued strength and happiness in the days to come...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #5
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Sue, I am very pleased to hear that your health—among other things—is improving! Another prayer answered.

People around me know my love for literature but for Hemingway especially. My principal, who is retiring at the end of the year after nearly 40 years of service, and I were talking just the other day, and he brought up that one of his goals upon retiring is to find a quiet place to sit and read The Old Man and the Sea, primarily because of the grace the old man—Santiago just has never sounded correct—shows in his adventure. I told him then that depite Hemingway’s flaws, I have long felt that he “got” the essentials of life. The quote I shared with you has always spoke volumes to me for different reasons, some very personal. The older I become, the more clearly I realize that the negative will make us stronger if we allow it.

As I said before, it sounds like to me that you are plenty strong. Best wishes as always!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Glad you're on the mend, Sue. PMA, positive mental attitude, is a very powerful force. I don't think there is a psychologist out there that would disagree with that. Of course, my Favorite Book has tons to say about it... I'm a science teacher, so my area of knowledge is the physiological response to positive energy. I have seen the physical be moved in a direction that is "scientifically impossible" by PMA. Combined with Faith it is an unbeatable combination.

I can tell you are really using this energy for healing.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
JD
Have you been to his house in Key West? If not, put it on your list and plan for a day there. I've been twice and it is very inspiring and fun, too. My family tells the stories about how I could run the vacuum while reading and iron while reading!
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Sue, that is good news and glad there are no lasting effects. Take care and still remember to give yourself some "me" time.
Love, Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Sue,

Great report from the doctor!! Sounds like you'll be good as new before you know. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers. God bless!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Sue, I've not been on line much lately, so haven't been involved in the last month or so, except for a very little bit here and there. I found and read the "soap opera" thread and my heart really went out to you, what an ordeal! I couldn't help but feel all of the love and prayers everyone sent you though, what wonderful friends!! This forum is the best. I am so glad to hear your on the mend!! Keep your spirits high and it will only get better. Would you tell your children that they are incredible, and absolutely the most loving and supportive children I have ever had the pleasure of reading about! You are truly Blessed! Take Care.
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975

so glad your health is better. May you get stronger every day!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:31 AM   #12
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Glad to hear the good news. Take care of yourself.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #13
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Sue, I went to Hemingway’s house when I was too young to appreciate it. Since I fell in love with the man’s work just after college, I have not returned, but one day…
Old 03-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
My father-in-law gave me a copy of a book by Hemingway, descibing his exploits up here on these NW. MI trout streams. Can't remember the name of it, I have it in storage, in a box with some of my other books.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Sue, absoluteley wonderful news that your heart is undamaged and please keep looking after yourself. Take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Dave, sounds like the collection of short stories, In Our Time, which is based on Hemingway’s life, as is most of his works. Or is this something else, Like the recent Hemingway on Fishing?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I think it was the first, but I'm not sure JD. I have to go dig it out now since I'm curious. Cheryl is slepping right now, she has to open the resturaunt in the early morning, but she may know the title. It is short stories, though. I'll get back to you on that.

If it's autographed by Hemingway, is that of any value? Just kidding - my father-in-law wouldn't have given it to me if it was...
Old 03-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Such wonderful news!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sue, such encouraging news. Stay well so we can meet again!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote