Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Archives....live and learn.

Just for general information, I corresponded with Lady RV about bringing topics out of the archives and it cannot be done. So if you have a topic pertaining to a rally in the distant future, you need to either request a 'sticky' be put on the topic, which keeps it at the top of the active list, or keep the topic active by posting regularly to that topic. Because of the holidays and post holiday travel, we were not posting to our Southeast Camping Club topics and some of them are archived, never to be seen again unless you search the archives. I did a copy/paste from the archives so we do have our signup lists but we cannot post to the original topic. I hope this is slightly clear to someone. Moral of the story: don't let your topics slip away.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You can also update every day or so like Margee has been doing with the Spring MOC Rally and Doug does with the T-Shirts. It keeps the post active and helps remind people if they are using the "active topics" feature of the forum.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Yes, that's what I should have been doing, if only to bump the topic back to the active column. That's the reason I shared this topic, so it wouldn't happen to others.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Yep, that's what I do. I have an "update date" listed on the Spring Rally posts and I go in and change that each time. Just even by deleting a letter and then typing it back in will bring your post up to the top of the heap....

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's a great tip. I noticed that you were editing often and could often not figure out what was edited. Now I know. Live and Learn. Maybe other can learn from my 'mistake'.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:00 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

You can also update every day or so like Margee has been doing with the Spring MOC Rally and Doug does with the T-Shirts. It keeps the post active and helps remind people if they are using the "active topics" feature of the forum.
Happy trails.......................
Aha, lights go on! Now I understand why that topic reappears on my Active Topics but I cannot find either a new post nor a change in the edited post! Margee must edit and posting the "change" without actually changing anything (unless there really is a need to change it). Nothing slow about me!!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Steve, I've starting using Margee and Doug's method of keeping a topic alive. I just backspaced over one of the periods and retyped it and that is all that's necessary to keep it in the active column.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
In another forum that we follow we just type in "ttt" (to the top) and it keeps the post active
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote