Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
Montana_5300

M.O.C. #5300
KEYSTONE SHIPPING POLICIES

JUST HOW LONG DOES AN ORDER FOR A PROPANE REPLACEMENT HOSE NORMALLY TAKE, WHEN ORDERED FROM A DEALER FROM MEMPHIS, TN?

Montana_5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Looks like this is your first post. Welcome to the MOC Forum. Maybe I am wrong, but I pick up two things from your short post. (1) You are not getting the service you expected from your dealer. (2) You are not very happy about it. I don't blame you. A couple of things I have discovered on the forum, dealers love to pass the buck to Keystone when they aren't doing their job and sometimes Keystone is notable slow in responding.

There is the squeaking wheel philosophy, you know, it gets the grease. So I have tried to learn how to squeak effectively, i.e., keep up the pressure without loosing my cool. Since there is nothing magical about propane fittings, if I were your dealer, I would get a fabricator to cut you a piece of hose and fit it up and send you on your way. Then you wouldn't be upset. As a matter of fact you would be singing my praises. But duh, what do I know.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Welcome to the MOC renwrap,
I have had Keystone ship a few things to the west coast for my rig, took approx. 4 days to get to dealership and installed within 2 hours.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
My experience has been a week to two weeks with followup calls to dealer's parts dept. and welcome to the moc.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It's a whole lot easier for a dealer to blame the manufacturer than it is to say "we screwed up and forgot to order the part" or "we are waiting to combine it with a big order to save freight costs".

If you don't get satisfaction shortly call Keystone Customer Service at 866-425-4369 (Toll Free) and explain your situation in a cool calm fashion.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I think you hit the nail on the head Glenn, I think the problem lies with the dealer.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #7
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
I am not so convinced it is the dealer. I special ordered a kitchen sink from a respected dealer. It took almost 6 weeks and I had even requested expedited shipping that I was willing to pay for. The dealer told me they always have problems when ordering directly through Keystone. I had contacted another dealer in another state about the same sink and they told me the same thing. Keystone is very slow in filling orders. Both dealers sold Keystone products.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I would ask that question of the dealer also and then ask to see his purchase order so I could check the date he ordered it.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:44 AM   #9
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Northstar

I think you hit the nail on the head Glenn, I think the problem lies with the dealer.
Maybe its the frieght carrier..?
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 AM   #10
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We we have ordered parts from our Dealer they usually take approx 2 weeks but they have to come across the border and that is usually what holds them up.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:24 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Things to think about on shipping..First the dealer holding back on ordering till they get a large order is a Urban legend,Shipping cost the dealer nothing.The cost of shipping is passed on to the comsumer.You pay..not the dealer.
Next..Everything on the Montana or any keystone product is vendor supplied. keystone does not have a huge warehouse full of spare vendor parts .We go to the dealer, dealer orders through Keystone (if it is a warranty part) keystone orders from the vendor, vendor ships to the dealer, dealer calls you. If it is not a warranty issue the dealer will no doubt order from the vendor..vendor ships to dealer or you. probabilities are it is not Keystone fault that the part is a long time in coming but the vendor. Our local dealer sends out orders large and small every day.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #12
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
renwrap,the same thing happened to me and it was probably the same propane hose.it took three weeks for the dealer from Petaluma,Ca to order the hose and recieve it.I should have stopped at home depot to buy the part in 10 minutes.but we had other warranty work to do so i left the unit there for almost 6 weeks,never ever again will that happen.it seems like the dealers in this area only have maybe 2 people working on these unit's it's pretty frustrading.just venting aliite thx.
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:30 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations!

How do you like that hitching mirror?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote