Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
New Nose Graphics on Mountaineer...

Thought the Mountaineer owners may want to see what the front of the 2006 Mountaineers look like.

I did see the new Monty's and Mountaineer's today but didn't have my camera. I will try to get some pics next week.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Glenn, do you or anyone else know the reasoning for this branding that Keystone seems to be doing for the Montanas and Mountaineers? Is it an effort to increase Mountaineer sales?
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In recent years it did say Mountaineer by Montana. With the Montana being the number one seller I guess Keystone, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to cash in on the Montana name. So now the Mountaineer is the Montana "Mountaineer Edition". I believe this was a good move on Keystone's part and can only boost the Mountaineer sales.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thanks, Glenn, for your thoughts! That was my thinking on the reason behind the change—if Montana is the “cash cow” for the line right now, might as well put the name out front in a more dominant manner.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:03 AM   #5
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
It's an easy way to reduce the product line and or change a Companies name.
Remember this one.

Datsun
DATSUN/nissan
datsun/NISSAN
nissan/DATSUN
NISSAN/datsun
NISSAN

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not to mention with Cambridge going out they will be able to increase production.I think keystone is doing the right thing at the right time in reworking and improving the product line in light of the economic changes we have seen the last year..Look what is happening to Ford and GM. Let us hope that keystone is ahead of the curve... rather than already hit the iceberg and no matter how hard they try to save the ship..it will go down. My take is that we are going to lose some RV manufactures and Keystones NOW reaction to economic conditions is a good thing..NOW..along with everything else they are doing..If they would crank up quality a notch.. that could just be what is needed to put them over the top. Our RV show is Jan 4-8 2006..we will be looking closely at other MFG changes.If it's the same old thing..keystone will have a winner.. Hummm I just had a BJO ( blazing glimpse of the obvious) I think Helen and I will work this show so we can get all the inside information..we have a standing offer to work...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
This is just a guess-- For the past year or two Keystone has been upgrading the Montana to include many of the features previously available on the Big Sky. And they have been bringing the Mountaineer up to what the Montana was prior to those changes, or perhaps above that level somewhere. At the Tampa RV Show last January a Keystone exec told us that.

If the Mountaineer is becoming what the Montana was and the Montana was the number one seller, it seems to me it would be a good thing for sales to more closely associate the Mountaineer with the Montana. No doubt there are people out there who want a Montana but not the price of the current models. They might then turn to other manufacturers to try to find something comparable. Making the Mountaineer name more prominently associated with Montana seems like a shrewd business move to me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote