Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
New faucet and under counter filter in kitchen

Just got back from a weekend out...new faucet put in the day we left.
It is a pull out model with the button to change sprays for doing dishes. Single hole model (will use the other hole for the filtered water spigot).
What a joy to use over the old model that it came with.
Plumbing was easy, but still a pain due to the tight quarters. Still waiting for the filter setup to arrive so I can put that in, but this is an easy mod that you will love to live with. Found the faucet for 40 bucks on EBay.
Will put up pics when the filter arrives and the project completes.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice Mod Ozzie, I shall keep Sue from viewing this thread.... Darn bug..
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I did the same a few months ago. Stumbled on a nice PF fixture in Lowe's that was marked down for clearance. We have really enjoyed the sprayer. I just used the plate provided to cover the holes, as we use a whole house filter. And now that you mention it, it is sort of tight in that cabinet.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
I did the same mod and my wife loved it. IN fact, she drove me to the hardware store four times to get all the parts to stop the leaks, etc. We were on a camping trip and that was my surprise for her. I am disappointed on the lack of pressure and can't figure out what I did wrong. There are not obstructions that I am able to locate. I also agree that the quarters were not designed to accommodate my svelte figure.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:03 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Good job Ozzie. I'm glad mine was easy with the sink in the extended counter, ours came from Lowes.
The only bad thing was that the dw figured "we" could also install a new one in the bathroom too! Wasn't quite as easy though, but when I shave now, I don't get water all over the floor.
The dw keeps looking at Ozz's mods and says "We can do that!"
Keep up the good work Ozzie!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
OK Ozzie, I tried twice to get that darn bug off my screen. Now I have to take my laptop apart to get to it.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
OZZIE
ROCKS!!!!! Ha Ha Ha, Just couldn't resist!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ozzie,

We did the same mod too. We used a Moen single hole faucet and used the remaining hole for a micron filter. This system has worked out great. Now, the next mod will be a pedal to control the water flow which will be great for rinsing dishes while dry camping to save water.

Damn bugs! Swat! Swat! Swat! Swat! Swat!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Finally did it...all but the hard mounting of the filters under the cabinet. I have to build something to hold the weight of this (1/4" paneling won't do it), and it's raining out here so the power tools aren't coming out.

...the filters in the sink are for my external unit...

We'll probably get one more use out of the rig before getting pickled for a long winter.

**Edit to bump the correct post - I edited the title and now that comes up first.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote