Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Problem with Laminate Flooring

We are in the process of installing laminate flooring in our 3400 and have done up to the kitchen area. We have taken out the old flooring and found that the kitchen slide will not clear the new flooring!! We have not installed it yet as we found that the slide is not going out at the top like it should. We had this worked on last year because that slide leaked when traveling in the rain, we thought it was fixed buy now we find this problem. It has actually pulled the trim loose on the bottom of the slide by the frig and my stove has not been level since they fixed it either. We thought the stove problem was just with the stove but now think it is the slide. Has anyone else had this problem and did anyone else have any trouble with the laminate flooring going in that area. Would appreciate any ideas. We did call the dealer and they are going to look at it next Monday.

rogersuemegan

rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Sounds like your slide is not adjusted right. Unfortunately, many dealers do not know enough about it either and can leave it worse than when you started. At least, that happened to us. Your best bet is to talk to Dale at Lippert. He is on this forum so you could contact him and send him an e-mail or private message. MIMF2. Or call him at work.
His work no is 1-866-524-7821 ext 4542. If your slide is adjusted properly to start with, all you would need to do is raise the slide just enough to clear the floor. However, it doesn't sound like you are starting out with it adjusted properly. Good luck!!

AL and Nita
2003 Chevy Dually
2005 3670RL
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
gungho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2818
After the local stealer tried to adjust my kitchen slide and failed, i adjusted it my self and havent had a problem since.

Jon & Marty
F250 6L psd
3400rl
gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:38 AM   #4
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
I also found that the dealer did not know much about adjusting the slides - so I did it myself. For the most part, it is somewhat straight forward, if you understand the mechanism, and basic static/dynamics - however I took several course on this subject in school.

I, on the other hand seem to have a slightly different problem. It appears there is just enough slide up/down and side/side movement during travel that the black rubber weather striping seems to be squeezing about and making black marks on the outside of the trailer.

Anyone else having this problem?

Rick & Wanda
2003 2500HD Crew Cab
Duramax with Allison Trans.
Firestone Airbags
Glide-Ride Pinbox - It's Great!
2006 3400RL - We Love The Trailer!

Montana Customer Service?
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote