Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #21
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Amen to that

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #22
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Jeez!

The trip to Hell that keeps on giving.

It was pointed out by another astute poster that I'm not overly fond of lawyers, but was the first to suggest visiting one with this problem. Can't help it. When you hire them, they're fine. It's when OTHERS hire them that they're problematic.

I truly think that that CG needs a wake-up call. You can't be the only camper who's going to get that sort of lousy treatment.

It's a good thing that you noted the tears before they got infiltrated with rain, and your roofing materials started getting moldy.

I hope you have good insurance. I have a feeling that even in a lawsuit, anyone who keeps a CG like that, in such miserable a state, will not likely have pockets deep enough to pay the debt that they've incurred.

Keep us apprised. This is scary!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hey, that was a great suggestion, send a long letter and PHOTOS to the campground books, like Woodalls. Also, if this campground has any affiliations, like KOA, report them there too!!!!

In other words, report them to WHOMEVER you can yell too! Is there a city chamber of commerce in that area, they get a letter too.

Sorry bout the roof, that really is sad.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:36 AM   #24
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
We are so sorry to hear about your horrible trip and the damages you incurred. I agree that the campground owners should be liable for at least a portion of the damages. The suggestions for posting your experiences are good ones. Please also post to campgroundreviews.com. We had a bad experience on one of our trips - nowhere near yours! - and posted there to keep others from going there. It's also a good website to checkout a campground you're interested in staying at. Please keep us posted on what happens from here on out. The best news of all was that no one was hurt. Take care!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:11 AM   #25
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good luck Ed.

I have never been in a campground that bad although my last campground on the Ms coast lost water for two days.

I would talk to the campground owner to see if his insurance would cover it. Sounds like Trailer Life Directory and Woodalls should be notified about the conditions so they can rate accordingly.

It looks like Big Oaks has a respectable rating in trailer life so that should change.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #26
Bighorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4626
It looks like I may be able to bring this event to closure. Our insurance company most likely will be going after the campground for compensation.

The body shop really is taking care of us. Of course we will be paying for it through our new insurance premium. After looking over our truck and seeing how meticulous I am, the shop owner decided to replace the entire bed with a new one not used, Have Jiffy Hitch reinstall the Hitch with new rails & than he’s having Line X replace the liner with a spray-in lining. (Cost $250 deductible)

Our Monty dealer will be replacing the damaged molding under the nose near the pin box. (Cost $50 deductible)

The new addition a Blue Ox Bed Saver will be here Monday. (Cost $164.77)
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote