Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Vodka...Who Knew??!

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry. (Probably due to someone who only DRINKS vodka....)

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziploc freezer bag. Freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

16. And as any ex-military knows a little drop on a shine cloth will produce a sparkling "spit shine" for your shoes.

Silly me! I've only heard of drinking the stuff.

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm not sure I want to try this on bees and wasps. If they don't die, then we would have a bunch of drunk insects! LOL
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
I wouldn't want to face a law enforcement official after using many of these remedies. I'm guessing I'd have to deal with the roadside "Drunk Test!"

Still. The cures for so many things do often seem to come from nowhere.

But drunk bees might be happy bees. And why would happy bees sting anyone?

Steve
Old 07-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
What about just plain drinking it - I think it cures a lot of ills or maybe it creates them?
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #5
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Well, if you do get stumbling drunk around a bees' nest, you're good to go!

Old 07-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I think the point of drinking it is you do not care if the Bees are there anymore.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Rick,

Yup! There's THAT, too!

Steve