Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
JimCin
Established Member

M.O.C. #1755
The 3400 wins

The 3380 took so long to get here that we changed to a 3400 model. Dealer was very co-operative. Will take a little longer but I think the floor plan and extra slide will suit better. 3500 Dodge S/B turbo Diesel is ready to go. Unit is to be off line November 15th at which time we'll be bound for Vancouver Island. Chose Desert Sunset decor. We look forward to communicating with you this winter. Happy trails.

JimCin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We picked up our 2005 3400RL from the dealer today - you are going to love it. At the rally and the plant we just fell in love with this model and couldn't resist - we did the deal by cell phone from Indiana and put up the money sight unseen of the actual rig (only brand new one he had in stock - clearly just waiting for us to adopt it!)

We have the same truck as you (2004?) and it tows very well - bit different to a TT but no problem. Talking with folk at the rally we chose the Pullrite Superglide as the hitch - everyone we spoke to said it was the Rolls Royce of hitches.

Keep us posted on your adventures. Good luck.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:04 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
JimCin, congratulations! The 3400 is a great model and has been a very popular model since it's inception last year! I can bet you're very excited about it, as you should be. Good luck with it and don't forget to tell us all about it when it arrives.

Diana and Colin, congratulations on yours, too, even though I already congratulated you at the rally when you made the announcement. Now you have to bring it on down to the lower 48 and show it off to us!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
WOW two new coaches from two different owners. Congratulations to the both of you. Now keep us posted. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #5
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
JimCin - we picked up our new 3400 RL today, same color scheme. It is great and I am sure you guys are very excited like we are. Let us know when yours arrives and you take deliver.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations to all of you on your new 5th wheels. America is you playground, go out and have a good time.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 02:35 PM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Great to see more Montanas on the road. We really enjoyed our 3400 this summer. We had a TT until August and really like the way the 5er handles vs the TT. The floor plan of the 3400 is great, especially if you get much company. Our kids and grandson and other relatives come to visit and the 3400 has lots of entertainment space. Another thing is all of the storage. Really like the slide out tray in the basement. This year we are going to do some of the modifications that we saw at the rally. Really liked Glenn's pegboard in the basement, the electrical outlet in the basement and the screen door string. Enjoy those 3400's.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:26 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tell me about the pegboard in the basement. I never got that far down the line during the show and tell time. Sounds like I missed a lot of good improvements.
thanks.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:34 AM   #9
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
rames14 - I would really like to hear about the installation of an extra pub in the basement. Was this talked about at the show or has someone posted this on the MOC page??
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:22 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Tell me about the pegboard in the basement. I never got that far down the line during the show and tell time. Sounds like I missed a lot of good improvements.
thanks.
Steve, I have pegboard installed in the front compartment above the wire shelf. On the hooks I carry a few awkward tools as well as the electrical tape, duct tape, masking tape and packaging tape.
I also have pegboard in the basement on the bulk head. On the street side I have my various water adapters such as the regulator, wyes, inline valves, nozzle and water hose repair ends and washers. In the center I have all my fishing poles. The rods are all 2 piece and each rod hangs on it's own hooks. This winter I plan on placing more on the back wall of the basement. In front of the rods are our large plastic storage boxes which are blocked so they cannot slide into the rods on a sudden stop.
You would be surprised how well stuff stays on the hooks during travel. I rarely have anything fall off.

I also installed a 110V receptical in the front basement curb side and this winter will also put 110V receptacles on the street side as well as the front compartment. I was lucky as the trailers breaker box was just on the other side of the wall and I was able to run the romex thru one of the sewer vent openings. I had no holes to drill. But receptacles on the street side and front compartment will in all likely hood require some holes.
I also installed a 12 volt light in the front compartment.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:14 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Glenn. Very interesting. When it stops raining I'll look to see if I can do something similar. We don't have the wire basket up front, smaller compartment than you have but still might be something doable. Thanks.