Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Wind in Tucson

We are once again holding onto our shorts in the wind. We got in yesterday afternoon and had a slight breeze. Around 0500 that slight breeze was hitting 28 mph sustained and 40 mph gusts. I rolled in the patio awning last night because we knew higher winds were on the way. However I didn't check that it was in all the way. At about 0600 it got really noisy outside so I looked out the window and the awning was still out a foot. No damage but it was noisy.. We are here till Sunday site seeing and visiting friends, then it is a 3 day jaunt to Grady NM to visit Betsy's Brother and sister in law. I found a great NOAA site for those of you traveling anywhere this next few weeks. http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/wwa/ This is a very helpful map and you should take time to play with it and see how it works. It shows winds/tornados/ flooding/red flag warnings (high wind low humidity) It updates every few minutes so you can check on the road. This time of year anywhere in the mid west is sketchy for traveling. We will be watching it for the trip from Grady to KC which is a 2 to 3 day run.

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote