Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Appolo M/w oven parts new or used

I had to call in for a turntable motor from Mid west sales, they told me it was $40 odd dollars and shipped it to me. The part I got had grooves on the terminals,screw marks on the attaching holes and looked like it had been laying around in someones truck for a while.
I called them to complain about the fact I had got a used part and was informed that it was not used just taken out of a unit that had been damaged. When I questioned them I was told I could accept it or return for credit. Their attitude was take it or leave it and the impression I got was that they were just recycling used parts
bob

th

blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a bit odd. We got one of the "re-conditioned" units from Apollo and it was like new. Never had a issue with Mid West...... Perhaps someone made a mistake.. Return it and get another one..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
Rich
It was not a mistake, she told me it was taken out of an exchange, they did not have new pats for this and if I wanted to return it I could. My concern is I thought I was buying a new part, but on reading the invoice I see there is no part numbers or anything to indicate new or used. I just wanted others to know my experience.
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I did not know that.They gave me a choice between a new Apollo or a re conditioned one but they clearly stated it was re conditioned.I got a fan assembly from them this winter and it "looks" new..but now I wonder???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
It must be nice to at least be able to talk to the folks at Apollo. There is a Sylvania oven in our 09 and as far as I can find out there is no one to contact. If anyone has been able to find a source of parts for this piece of junk please let me know. I have had two so far and both are defective! We had an Apollo in our 07 and had great success with it.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
They offered us a new one or a "refurbished" one that they said was never used, just returned from the rv factories as having visual defects. Ours came with a small dent in the rear inside wall and one side inside wall. No big deal. It was $116 total, including shipping.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote