Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Anchorage, Alaska

We arrived at Ship Creek RV Park in Anchorage this afternoon, a little tight to maneuver but doable. Free shuttle to downtown. We're looking forward to 3 nights, 2 days here before we head up to Denali.

Jo-Anna

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Too bad we will miss you. We are heading to Anchorage next Monday to take Mr. Wilson to the vet. You are so close to some excellent restaurants. The Bridge (right behind the Ulu Factory), Glacier Brewhouse & Orso (both owned by the same person and next door to each other on 5th Avenue), and Snow City (corner of L Street and 4th Ave., local hangout with the best breakfast in town - all day!).

Have fun. We are having supper at Ray's tonight with Bob and Pam!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Tammy thanks for the restaurant tips. We are now in Anchorage for a couple of days, we did notice that the Bridge Restaurant was closed when we went to the Ulu factory. Bill Spotted the Glacier Brewhouse too so I think he's buying dinner tomorrow night. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Bill and Stacy -

Bob and Pam are at Ship Creek - you should look them up. Where are you staying?

The Brew House was very good - and we also were disappointed to see the Bridge closed.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Icehouse

Too bad we will miss you. We are heading to Anchorage next Monday to take Mr. Wilson to the vet.
Tammy, how did Mr. Wilson do at the Vet? We hope that he is doing well now that he is just Wilson. :-)
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #6
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Sharon & Doug, Mr. Wilson did very well with surgery. It's 10:00 am and he just hopped out of bed. His tail is wagging and he was already eating before bed last night. I think he'll be just fine. He's a bit sore and it makes me hurt to look at his incision, but he's doing well.

I'm sorry to hear The Bridge is closed too, but Glacier Brewhouse is sooooo gooood! They have an in house brewery (thus the name) and they also brew their own root beer and cream soda. Anything on the menu is good. Anything.

Snow City is good to for breakfast and lunch only. It's a local hangout. If you walk out the doors of Brewhouse, go over one block to 4th Avenue and head to the water (Cook Inlet), you'll see Snow City on the left hand side of the street at the corner of 4th and L. Delicious breakfast.

Anchorage has so much to do downtown that you never have to leave downtown. There are museums, the best mall in Anchorage, specialty shops, parks, etc. Have fun!!!

Tammy
Old 07-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Anchorage also has the best hairdresser in Alaska!! Tammy referred me to her hairdresser who was able to squeeze me in yesterday. I'm tellin' ya she's good! Her name is Sierra Clift and her phone number is (907) 278-1961. She's located in the cutest salon about a block from the museum in the downtown area. She's ready to be the MOC hairdresser, so give her a call!! Thanks Tammy.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
You are welcome! She's a great gal who has become a good friend with the added bonus of being an incredible hairdresser! I love her dearly. She used to fly to Bethel once a month and cut our hair (and others, of course). When we lived in Anchorage and now that we are in Seward, she is still the only one who touches our hair. I'd literally fly across this state for her! She's awesome! I'm glad you liked her and are happy with your haircut!
Tammy