Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The Old Phone

The Old Phone

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Good music! However I couldn't see anything on the screen but the background wall paper. Is there something wrong with it or is it just my PC?

It is a good story but here is how I had to do to read it…..

Right click on the background and then left click on "view source." If you can understand how HTML is laid out you can find the story and then you will be able to read it.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bill-N-Donna,
I had it fine on the PC and just clicked the link on the MAC and it was fine.

I did notice just now that the "text/css" in the source indicates a Cascading Style Sheet.

Me thinks it's you computer, or the options set in your viewer. I use Firefox (It's free) and only use IE when it states on the web site that you must use IE.(Or I just forget about it - don't like IE)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Yep you're right, at least on using IE. Maybe it's a setting on the advanced options under tools but I wouldn't know what to check. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bill-n-Donna,
If you are having problems with a site, and you really trust that site, and you know you will be revisiting it often, you can set the site in your trusted zone.

Go to Tools, Internet Options and click on the security tab. Click on the "trusted sites" check mark icon. Then click on "sites." Click on "Add," and add the site as:

*.montanaowners.com (Just an example)

You will have to uncheck the box at the bottom of the window that says, "require server verification........"

Using the Asterisk is a wild card that will allow anything from the "tree" of montanaowners.com to load in your browser. If you just wanted a page buried down in the tree you could add it as a specific with:
ht tp://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28344 (no spaces) and only that page will load.

Now here is the nice part. In the "Restricted Sites," you can block all those annoying pop-ups. Sometimes they will pop-up but will show "Page not found," in the pop-up window. I have hundreds of them in my restricted file.

Edited: If you are uncomfortable in making changes, try making a written log of everything you change on your computer. If something should go as not expected, you can use the log, reverse your changes, and be back to where you were. Or, use the system tools to create a restore point before changing things.